Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

purposal? and wedding?

Posted by on May. 16, 2013 at 11:58 PM
  • 39 Replies
Were you formally proposed to by your husband? If so how did he proposed? How long were you together before you were proposed to? Did you have a big wedding? My husband and I just decided to get married after 3 yrs of being together. we went to the court house and were married a month after deciding to get married.
by on May. 16, 2013 at 11:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anryan
by Platinum Member on May. 17, 2013 at 12:06 AM

Quoting mrsrusso416:

Were you formally purposed to by your husband? No, i formally proposed to both of my guys.
If so how did he purpose?With David i got up on the bar of one of our favorite restaurants and asked him over the PA system.  With Irish i took him to the lake where we had our first date and first kiss.
How long were you together before you were purposed? David and I had been friends (only) for about a year and then we dated for another year before getting married.  irish adn I were together about 2 yrs before i asked and we got married about 9 months later.
Did you have a big wedding? Both weddings were small, Dave and I had it at his parent's house.  Irish and I had it at our house.

Anryan,

Wife to.....

David    and   Irish

mrsrusso416
by on May. 17, 2013 at 12:09 AM
Very cool.

Quoting Anryan:

Quoting mrsrusso416:

Were you formally purposed to by your husband? No, i formally proposed to both of my guys.
If so how did he purpose?With David i got up on the bar of one of our favorite restaurants and asked him over the PA system.  With Irish i took him to the lake where we had our first date and first kiss.
How long were you together before you were purposed? David and I had been friends (only) for about a year and then we dated for another year before getting married.  irish adn I were together about 2 yrs before i asked and we got married about 9 months later.
Did you have a big wedding? Both weddings were small, Dave and I had it at his parent's house.  Irish and I had it at our house.

Meg10
by on May. 17, 2013 at 12:13 AM

Proposed* propose*

BonitaM
by Ruby Member on May. 17, 2013 at 7:55 AM

Yes, I was formally proposed to by my DH 3 months after we officially started dating although we were technically together for 7 months at this point.  We were supposed to get married the following year but I couldn't wait that long so we eloped to the court house 5 months later.

justpeachy71904
by Silver Member on May. 17, 2013 at 8:15 AM
1 mom liked this

we were together 5 yrs, nothing formal for the proposal... booo :(

courthouse wedding so we could start the adoption process of dd into his name

then big wedding april 6!

weddingcountdown.com

justpeachy71904
by Silver Member on May. 17, 2013 at 8:18 AM

wait, you have to husbands?

Quoting Anryan:

Quoting mrsrusso416:

weddingcountdown.com

earthangel1967
by YVONNE on May. 17, 2013 at 8:39 AM

Yes, he took me to a mini castle (because of our fairytale romance that we later got married at there too) and he read me a beautiful touching poem that he wrote for me. At the end of it he proposed to me. After that he took me out to a romantic dinner and then to a live play bc he knows I crazy LOVE plays. He proposed to me 2 days before our 1 yr anniversary of our first date. We had been living together for 4-5 months at that point too with our 5 kids (4 mine 1 his that we raised as OURS)

We only had a small intimate group of people at our wedding so it wasnt large in that sense, we only invited our 5 kids, us of course, our parents, our several siblings and brother in law (and one cousin to take photos and video). We only wanted the people we are closest to in the world and who really recognize and see how special and unique our love is to be there. The wedding ceremony and reception were very big  elaborate unique customized affairs and we spoiled everyone of the small group of people  in attendance rotten on purpose and everyone in attendance had significant roles to play in the ceremony as well.

From our first date onward we were in an exclusive relationship to both of our shock since neither of us were looking for a serious or exclusive relationship at that time and neither of us believed we'd ever want to marry ever again either, and we didnt believe in soulmates until the day we met either and now we do.

We've been together 10 yrs now. still happily ever after.

YVONNE

GarysWife1991
by on May. 17, 2013 at 8:51 AM

My dh came over to my house for dinner and asked my mom what she would think about me moving in with him full time.  In the next breath he said that we would get married the following June and pulled out a ring.  I was like OMG! because we had talked about marriage but we hadn't made any official plans or anything.  So he basically proposed to me in front of my mom.  We still laugh about it and I tell him he's lucky I said yes lol. We then went back to his house and told his kids and they were as happy as we were.    

Anryan
by Platinum Member on May. 17, 2013 at 10:11 AM
Quoting justpeachy71904:

yes, i am polyamorous, i have a DH and an SO.

Anryan,

Wife to.....

David    and   Irish

justpeachy71904
by Silver Member on May. 17, 2013 at 10:48 AM
Omg can you do a post on I'm a ----- ask me anything

Quoting Anryan:

Quoting justpeachy71904:

yes, i am polyamorous, i have a DH and an SO.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN