Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

Per Request...I am polyamorous..Ask me ANYTHING

Posted by on May. 17, 2013 at 11:18 AM
  • 267 Replies
3 moms liked this

I have had a few people ask me to do this so here goes.....

Most of you know that i am polyamorous and i have 2 men in my life, my DH of 19 yrs also has another woman in his life.  Feel free to ask me anything...ANYTHING, I am not shy and I am willing to answer whatever questions you have.

Anryan

Anryan,

Wife to.....

David    and   Irish

by on May. 17, 2013 at 11:18 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
justpeachy71904
by Silver Member on May. 17, 2013 at 11:24 AM
Yay! Oh yay. I am so curious. So how does this work? You two live together but both have other committed relationships? It just frequent bfs gfs?
sfigu16
by Member on May. 17, 2013 at 11:26 AM

how do you all manage to spend time with one another? Is it difficult? 

Anryan
by Platinum Member on May. 17, 2013 at 11:27 AM

Quoting justpeachy71904:

Yay! Oh yay. I am so curious. So how does this work? You two live together but both have other committed relationships? All of us live together as well as our kids.  We have a big house lol.  DH (david) and I have a bedroom, Irish (my SO) has his own room and David's SO (Cerena) has her own room.  The kids have thier own rooms as well.
It just frequent bfs gfs? No, we are what is known in this community as polyfidelous..meaning we aren't looking for any other partners, it is just us.  There is also no group sex...It is either me and david, me and irish or david and cerena together.

Anryan,

Wife to.....

David    and   Irish

CarlyK23
by on May. 17, 2013 at 11:29 AM

How do you not get jealous and angry? How long have you been this way?

Anryan
by Platinum Member on May. 17, 2013 at 11:29 AM

We are a family so we all hang out together, do things together just like any other family.  If we go out, like to dinner, then we do what we call "couple up" which means I am with Irish and David is with Cerena.  On that same note, because individual quality time is important, I have date nights with my guys every thursday...One week is with dave the other is with irish and it rotates.

Time management is always more complex with more people but we talk alot and make sure everyones needs/wants are met as well as possible.

Quoting sfigu16:

Anryan,

Wife to.....

David    and   Irish

Anryan
by Platinum Member on May. 17, 2013 at 11:31 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting CarlyK23:

How do you not get jealous and angry?  I didn't have any jealousy/anger issues mostly because i am poly by nature and believe that loving someone else doesn't take anything away from another partner.  Cerena had alot of issues when she came in and we did alot of talking and helping her thru things.  Jealousy and Anger require you sitting yourself down and figuring out WHAT you are jealous or angry about and addressing that issue instead of feeding the ugly emotion.  Once you figure out what has got you upset then you talk about that and come to a solution.

How long have you been this way? All my life lol.  Actually Dave and I were married for 12 yrs before we started discussing this and then talked for 2 yrs about it before we decided to do it. 

Anryan,

Wife to.....

David    and   Irish

mrs.hartman12
by on May. 17, 2013 at 11:31 AM

What does your family think? Reaction when you told them. 

sfigu16
by Member on May. 17, 2013 at 11:33 AM

Nice! Alone time is very important!! Do you guys have any children? I know this might sound weird but Does Cerina spends time with Irish?

Quoting Anryan:

We are a family so we all hang out together, do things together just like any other family.  If we go out, like to dinner, then we do what we call "couple up" which means I am with Irish and David is with Cerena.  On that same note, because individual quality time is important, I have date nights with my guys every thursday...One week is with dave the other is with irish and it rotates.

Time management is always more complex with more people but we talk alot and make sure everyones needs/wants are met as well as possible.

Quoting sfigu16:

Anryan
by Platinum Member on May. 17, 2013 at 11:34 AM

Quoting mrs.hartman12:

What does your family think?  My father passed away along time ago but my mom knows and doesn't care, she asked alot of questions but other than that was like "ok, if your happy" and she comes over every sunday for dinner.  David's parents have passed but his siblings know and have the same approach as my mom.  Irish's parents are elderly and wouldn't grasp it, again his sister knows and is ok with it.  Cerena doesn't have family, she grew up in foster care.

Reaction when you told them. 

Anryan,

Wife to.....

David    and   Irish

Anryan
by Platinum Member on May. 17, 2013 at 11:35 AM

Quoting sfigu16:

Nice! Alone time is very important!! Do you guys have any children?David and I have 2 kids (13 yrs and 19 yrs), Irish and I are raising his 3 yr old daughter, and DAvid and Cerena have a 15 month old little boy together

I know this might sound weird but Does Cerina spends time with Irish?  They hang out and are friends but thier is nothing romantic between them.  They will go out and see a movie together or something usually when Dave and I have our date nights or they will take all the kids out to do something.

Quoting Anryan:

Quoting sfigu16:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)