Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

broke up yesterday

Posted by on May. 18, 2013 at 9:57 AM
  • 26 Replies

Things between my bf and I just haven't been the same since we got pregnant. Shes 19 months now. I came home yesterday feom work and he dropped it on me that he's not happy. We both haven't been amd be keep trying. Or I keep trying. He's suffering from depression and refuses to get help andbits affecting everything at home. So, after trying to get him to tell me why and what I could do to help, he just kept saying I don't know...finall just told him, do what you have to do to be happy. If that means breaking up then so be it. I'm hurt and so saddened by him not caring enough for himself to care about how this is gonna affect the kids and our family. But at the same time, I know it just won't work unless he gets help and its not good for any of us to all have to suffer...maybe someday things will work out. I love him and want him to be happy so hopefully if anything he gets what he wants...

ADD:

So I activeated my facebook because I checked the history on our computer and saw he had posted on his "you make me feel alive again <3" I'm shaking right now...if another woman is the reason for wanting to ruin our family....I don't know how I can handle it. I'm devistated...I gave him everything. Of coure we aren't perfect, but what couple is??? I'm at a loss...I don't know if I should ask him about it...

Newest update...Need to vent a little...

So, we were talking the other night about visitation, money, etc...It came up that he was still upset over having to move back to Ca. We moved to his homw town in NC so he could get a job as a general manager at his old Papa Johns store. I agreed to move because he told me how much better things would be there etc etc. well they weren't. I lost my insurance, went into dept, was making about $350/month. I was always alone with the two kids, had to get on food stamps and medical because we just didn't have enough money to pay for things. I was behind on my bills and maxed out my credit cards just trying to live. I became so depressed. everyday was a struggle to not do something bad. He worked nights and i was gone all day at school. we hardly saw each other and I had no friends or family there at all. I moved back to CA because it was that or do something bad to myself....so anyways. He told me that he still resented me for moving back and that's part of the reason we aren't working out..he never got over that anger of him working so hard to get a manager position so that we could afford things etc...I told him though that even though that he rather have me suicidal and make good money or move back home? He said he didn't realize it was that bad and it doesn't matter any more and there's no point in talking about it...I said maybe not, but it affected our relationship here, if you're gonna hold on to that then yea, of course we weren't gonna work,....but in the end, I realize how selfish he really is. if he was so wrapped up with himself and couldn't see that I was hurting and that depressed? I get that he was working to provide for us...but he's always been all about the money...and is the money really worth the mental health of your then gf and mother of your child? If he really cared about me then I really feel that he should've been more supportive of me needing to move back. I even offered to move to a different part of the state, or a different state all together......

Am I wrong?????

by on May. 18, 2013 at 9:57 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ProudMommy51006
by on May. 18, 2013 at 10:13 AM

I hope things get better, whether together or apart.

ashbash1616
by on May. 18, 2013 at 10:38 AM
Sorry your going through this I hope this work out for the best for both of you!
Blackroses137
by on May. 18, 2013 at 11:08 AM
I hope he gets the help that he needs. I wish the best for you and I hope everything works out the way it's meant to. Best of luck to you!
Chloesmom2004
by Member on May. 18, 2013 at 12:23 PM
1 mom liked this
Thank you ladies. I hope so too. Like I said even if we don't work out I do love him and want him to be happy to, and be the best dad he can be to our daughter
villagemamma
by Bronze Member on May. 18, 2013 at 12:57 PM

Im sorry momma. Just focus on you and baby. do what you need to do to be happy to. you deserve it.

Chloesmom2004
by Member on May. 18, 2013 at 6:41 PM
Thank you. I know I need to. It just hurts me to know we werent enough for him. And I hope he gets better and not worse...and then I think about how hurt I will be if he jumps into dating ither people, if he thinks that's what's gonna make him happy and why I couldn't be that person for him :(

Quoting villagemamma:

Im sorry momma. Just focus on you and baby. do what you need to do to be happy to. you deserve it.

Chloesmom2004
by Member on May. 18, 2013 at 7:06 PM

thank you. i really do hope he does to. i do love him so much and just want to be happy which is why i just gave up and told him to do what he has to do. i'm just hurting. and i hope he does get better and not worse. i hope someday he realizes what he threw away and if he doesn't how hurt i'm going to be to see him happy with someone else. i know i deserve better than what he was giving me...i just need to remember that. it's going to hurt to look at our little girl and not see him looking back at me :(

Quoting Blackroses137:

I hope he gets the help that he needs. I wish the best for you and I hope everything works out the way it's meant to. Best of luck to you!

Chloesmom2004
by Member on May. 18, 2013 at 7:09 PM

thank you. i really do just want us to be happy. whether together or apart. i just wish it could've been together. i graduate next month and it meant the world for him to have been there with me...

AlannaMaria
by Alanna on May. 18, 2013 at 7:46 PM
Hope he comes around and decides to get help to live a happy life.
Chloesmom2004
by Member on May. 18, 2013 at 7:49 PM

me too, his little girl at least deserves a daddy who takes her to the park and plays with her and not just sticks her in front of the tv so he can sleep :(

Quoting AlannaMaria:

Hope he comes around and decides to get help to live a happy life.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)