Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

Did you name any of your kids after a family member or friend?

Posted by on May. 23, 2013 at 7:27 PM
  • 159 Replies
?
by on May. 23, 2013 at 7:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lapcounter
by Gold Member on May. 23, 2013 at 7:27 PM
Yes youngest DD.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ballerina.2006
by on May. 23, 2013 at 7:29 PM
1 mom liked this
Yes. We needed a middle name for ds. Family friend randomly tells me one day (about 36-37weeks pregnant) to use his first name. He was joking but the name fit. Dh liked it so ds got named after the "Uncle"
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MrsKaufold1990
by on May. 23, 2013 at 7:29 PM
1 mom liked this
Yes. My oldest.

And my twinkies will be named after my grandmother and my pop pop
shaunaleigh418
by Bronze Member on May. 23, 2013 at 7:30 PM
1 mom liked this

Not really but inspired by them. If my mom didn't know someone's middle name, she'd just say "Marie" so I named my first kid Leilah Marie. My second, I spelled her name differently to honor my middle name. My middle name is Leigh so I named her, Karleigh.

Mommynwife26
by Member on May. 23, 2013 at 7:30 PM
1 mom liked this

All 3 of my kids are. My first is TerriLynn - My mom is Teresa, Terry for short. My sister is Jessica Lynn. My youngest is MiKayla Randee, MiKayla is a close form of Michael who is my dad (I didn't like michelle) and Randee is my brother who was killed by a drunk driver a year before she was born. My SS is Keith which is my DHs middle name,.

AlannaMaria
by on May. 23, 2013 at 7:31 PM
DS middle name is my husbands name. My DD's middle name is my ex's name and my moms name put together and half of my name:)
AlannaMaria
by on May. 23, 2013 at 7:31 PM
My SIL name is Jessica Lynn!

Quoting Mommynwife26:

All 3 of my kids are. My first is TerriLynn - My mom is Teresa, Terry for short. My sister is Jessica Lynn. My youngest is MiKayla Randee, MiKayla is a close form of Michael who is my dad (I didn't like michelle) and Randee is my brother who was killed by a drunk driver a year before she was born. My SS is Keith which is my DHs middle name,.

xoxRachelxox
by on May. 23, 2013 at 7:32 PM
1 mom liked this

My oldest son has his fathers first name and his great grandfather's first name as his middle name. 

My middle son's middle name is after my husband's grandfather and my youngest son's middle name is after my father's first name. 

IQuitCounting
by Bronze Member on May. 23, 2013 at 7:33 PM
1 mom liked this

Our son's middle name is a family name.  It's given to the first son of the first son on back through the generations.  It's Rosser.  So he shares his middle name with his father, his grandfather, great grandfather, etc.  I love it.

AngelicMommy_72
by on May. 23, 2013 at 7:37 PM
1 mom liked this
Gabriel would have been my name had I been born with a penis lol, Robin after I his dads cousin that went missing.
Anthony after my Godson n Ray after his dad.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN