Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

Do You Feel Obligated??

Posted by on May. 23, 2013 at 11:48 PM
  • 76 Replies

So ladies I have a question. If your spouse or significant other upsets you, hurts your feelings, or just pisses you off, are you still obligated to have sex with them JUST because they want it?? Me personally, I'm super ruled by my emotions. If I have been hurt, upset or pissed off, my brain sends signals to the nether regions to not respond to any type of sexual advance. What about you??

by on May. 23, 2013 at 11:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MrsKaufold1990
by on May. 23, 2013 at 11:50 PM
I give him make up sex.

I dont feel obligated.

I just like it. And he is rougg with me when its make up sex.
C.Richardson
by on May. 23, 2013 at 11:57 PM

Quoting MrsKaufold1990:

I give him make up sex.

I dont feel obligated.

I just like it. And he is rougg with me when its make up sex.

I understand make up sex. But that's not what I'm talking about. This is him not apologizing or trying to reach an agreement or a compromise or anything. Just him upsetting you and then coming in the room expecting you to have sex just because he needs to get one off.

rayroe2
by on May. 23, 2013 at 11:59 PM
My husband is like that...drives me insane. The bible says your body is not yours so darn right you better give it up lol I can have sex anytime any place...but he doesn't care...I wish he would let his wall down. I never let myself sexaul go before so it hurts when he doesn't notice me or anything I wanna do.
la_bella_vita
by Bella on May. 24, 2013 at 12:18 AM
1 mom liked this

I never feel obligated to have sex.

Mely1201
by on May. 24, 2013 at 12:21 AM

Im too emotional...If I'm pissed or hurt he won't get nothing! 

C.Richardson
by on May. 24, 2013 at 12:22 AM

Quoting la_bella_vita:

I never feel obligated to have sex.

Me either. I use the word obligated bc of how my husband acts. He feels regardless of what's happening with us I'm supposed to put out.

C.Richardson
by on May. 24, 2013 at 12:22 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Mely1201:

Im too emotional...If I'm pissed or hurt he won't get nothing! 

This is me alllll the way!!

Babygirl9609
by Member on May. 24, 2013 at 12:26 AM
1 mom liked this
No hell no. When we are mad at each other he doesn't even ask for it. Now he does make me mad but if wants some he apologizes to me first. I kinda don't like that either though. Its like he makes me cry, makes a big deal out of a small disagreement and then its like....okay give me some now....uh..........NO!!! U know what I mean??? I play hard to get cuz he better make it up for making me feel like shit.
C.Richardson
by on May. 24, 2013 at 12:27 AM

Quoting Babygirl9609:

No hell no. When we are mad at each other he doesn't even ask for it. Now he does make me mad but if wants some he apologizes to me first. I kinda don't like that either though. Its like he makes me cry, makes a big deal out of a small disagreement and then its like....okay give me some now....uh..........NO!!! U know what I mean??? I play hard to get cuz he better make it up for making me feel like shit.

Totally know what you mean! At least yours apologizes first!! 

polkaspots
by Bronze Member on May. 24, 2013 at 12:36 AM
I've never felt obligated to have sex with him. I've gone along with it a few times, but afterwards I'm always slightly annoyed with myself. There have been many nights where he was too tired to have sex, a few nights where he's been sick. It's not right to expect to get any when the other person doesn't want to. That's where communication comes in. When he wants to and I don't (for whatever reason) I say I don't want to because of whatever. Sometimes it has nothing to do with him, sometimes it does but either way I tell him and go to sleep.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN