Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

When you met your dh/so?

Posted by on May. 24, 2013 at 5:12 AM
  • 82 Replies

When you first dated your dh or so were you dating anyone else at the time or were you single?  I had been dating this one guy for 3 months when dh asked me out.  I went out with him and the rest is history.  I still dated the first guy for about 2 more weeks before I broke up with him. 

Claire Mom of two teens and one tween.in love

by on May. 24, 2013 at 5:12 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
by Silver Member on May. 24, 2013 at 6:19 AM

Yup! I had a boyfriend for 2.5 years. Hooked up with DH a week after meeting him and broke up with BF the next day. Got engaged 3 months later. (at the exact moment now ex-BF left a voice mail on my phone saying "please dont do this" I swear he had ESP. I feel bad though. I never should have broken up with him the way I did. Oh well, it was almost 13 years ago. I'm sure he is over it) 

Mommabearbergh
by Bronze Member on May. 24, 2013 at 6:23 AM
When I met dh I was talking with guys getting to know them but not dating. One of those guys was this guy I grew up with who made fun if me. I must have filled out it something because he was very interested but dh there was just something about him that was like a breath of fresh air
michellej428
by Bronze Member on May. 24, 2013 at 6:25 AM
I was dating a close friend of his but it was very casual dating and dude ended up being a stalker lol thank goodness I made the right choice when I picked dh!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mamavalor
by Member on May. 24, 2013 at 6:39 AM

I was just out of grad school when I met DH.  I felt bad for my co-worker who waited 5 years to date me  We worked together, he was a freshman in college and me a junior in high school when we first met.  He asked me out when I was a freshman in college.  Told him I wasn't ready to date and was too focused on my education.  He dated others but wanted me.  I felt bad.  Should have sat him down and gave him closure.  But all ended well.  Reconnected with him on FB (and other co-workers).

MrsApple
by Silver Member on May. 24, 2013 at 6:40 AM

No.I had just gotten out of a bad relationship though.

GodsAmiga
by Member on May. 24, 2013 at 6:45 AM

Nope. I decided not to date all through high school to help keep my focus on God. The summer after I graduated high school I had my first boyfriend. We've been married now for almost 6 years and have 3 beautiful kiddos. :-)

kidlover2
by on May. 24, 2013 at 6:49 AM
My first husband was my first kiss, boyfriend, etc. and my fiancée was a complete fluke so I never dated anyone else other than those two.
momtomy7kids
by Michelle on May. 24, 2013 at 8:57 AM

I had been single for about 6 months when I got with him, he had just gone through a divorce.

Michelle
Mom to 5 boys and 3 girls with #8 on the way
Emily, Jordan, Sara, Jason, Aiden, Chloe, Nick and Cody EDD 7-29-13

AlannaMaria
by on May. 24, 2013 at 9:16 AM
Just got out of a bad relationship!
gonecrazi
by on May. 24, 2013 at 11:22 AM

We were both still dating other people..

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN