Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I would like your opinion

Posted by on May. 29, 2013 at 3:51 PM
  • 22 Replies
My DH and I have been together for 4 years, married for a little over a year. He and I just started ttc, no luck so far but we don't mind trying. My question is: how long did you wait to ttc and how long did it take. If you had kids before marriage how long did it take you to conceive? We're at the year mark in July.
by on May. 29, 2013 at 3:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Rachael-Dawn
by on May. 29, 2013 at 3:57 PM
It took us 5 months with one and a couple months for my youngest. I wasn't trying with my first but we were sexually involved no protection for a year. I don't think one can actually put a mark on trying because there are so many things that can make it harder like massive amounts of stress etc. If it's been a year you might maybe see if you are both able just to ease your mind.
p.briand83
by on May. 29, 2013 at 4:01 PM

:) thanks

la_bella_vita
by Bella on May. 29, 2013 at 4:03 PM

5 months with my first, 3 months with my second and first try with the last 2

momofsunshine77
by Bronze Member on May. 29, 2013 at 4:06 PM
WE got married in April and tried right away. WE conceived in June. My second dd was real easy. WE tried and conceived right away. I remember telling a coworker we were trying and coming in the next with a positive pregnancy test. Real fast. She called me fertile mertyl. We are done after those 2. LOL
IQuitCounting
by on May. 29, 2013 at 4:08 PM

It took us the first month... my husband feels he got ripped off, lol.  He was looking forward to "trying" for months.  I have friends that took a year to get pregnant the first time.  In fact if you haven't been really trying for a year without any form of contraception typically a Dr won't even worry over any fertility.  It's after that they start looking into the why, even then, it depends ont he Dr.  Stress can be a huge factor, diet/weight, type of underwear your man is wearing.  I wouldn't worry just yet.

nicole2884
by on May. 29, 2013 at 4:11 PM
4 fertility assisted months
I think they suggest you consult your doctor after a year

Do you track your cycle use ovulation kits chart anything?
roseblossom90
by on May. 29, 2013 at 4:14 PM
It took us 2 years of unprotected sex to conceive but we were ttc. Three and a half months after DD1 was born I got pregnant with DD2, also unplanned.
p.briand83
by on May. 29, 2013 at 4:20 PM

Yes

Quoting nicole2884:

nicole2884
by on May. 29, 2013 at 5:08 PM
An your ovulating if it were me I call my obgyn an make a appointment
Are your cycles normal

Quoting p.briand83:

Yes

Quoting nicole2884:

shann77
by Member on May. 29, 2013 at 5:22 PM
we somewhat tried for a year, when nothing happened, we took it a bit more serious i started pre natal vitamins, got ovulation tests, tried elevating my but after sex and not going pee afterwards and we were pregnant with in 3 months. so do all the little things you can to prepare your body and help to conceive.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)