Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

wwyd? wedding date

Posted by on May. 31, 2013 at 12:49 PM
  • 3 Replies
My df and i have been together for 4.5 yrs. We arnt getting married until 2016. But the thing is...i want to get married march 13th wich is our anniversary...and he wants to get married or at least celebrate in the summer that yr. Would you get married on 3/13...and just not tell anyone..and have a redo in the summer...or get married...have folks there (only immidieate family) and then have a party in the summer?
No bashing pls and thank you.
by on May. 31, 2013 at 12:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
MrsLondon
by on May. 31, 2013 at 12:52 PM

I got married a year before my ceremony. We were married April 8, 2011, and had our ceremony April 15, 2012.

Anryan
by Platinum Member on May. 31, 2013 at 1:08 PM

Dave and I actually got married in Dec 1995 but we met May 1994 and we completely ignore the Dec date (dec is crazy enough in this house lol) and just celebrate in may.  Our families thought it was odd, but it was what we wanted. 

By contrast, Irish and I had our commitment ceremony in january 2011 and celebrate that day as our anniversary but we met in Sept of 2009 and ignore that day all together lol.

My point being, it is what you guys want.  If you want to have the ceremony (regardless of how big) in march and then have a huge party some day in the summer and then from that summer day on that is your anniversary do it. 

Talk to your Dh and discuss why each date is important and make a decision from their.

Anryan,

Wife to.....

David    and   Irish

BonitaM
by Ruby Member on May. 31, 2013 at 1:15 PM

I personally wouldn't.  I'd just have the wedding in summer, but that's just me.  If your DF is on board with getting married in March and then having a redo in summer go for it!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)