Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Not a "Go Get 'um" Type of Guy

Posted by on May. 31, 2013 at 4:09 PM
  • 2 Replies

Ever since I got my tubes tied after the birth of my last child 5 years ago, I have regretted it.  Completely.  I thought it would go away, but it has only gotten worse.  About 2 years ago, I stumbled across Post-Tubal Ligation Syndrome, showed it to my husband, and he was completely on board with me getting a tubal reversal, but we could not front the money.  

Fast forward to about 6 months ago and I found out that our local VA will pay for the proceedure, but I have to find a place willing to accept the VA as third party payment (not insurance).  I feel like I have called every place within driving distance and I am so discouraged.  

I love my husband and he is a great guy.  He just isn't a very "go get 'um" kind of guy.  He takes no for an answer.  He gives me that "good luck with that" answer whenever I tell him that I been turned down for something I want.  I am just the opposite.  I fight for what I want.  I exhaust all options.  I brainstorm and plan.  But I am exhausted.  I feel like giving up.  When I talk to him about this (and I have.  A LOT), he usually just tells me that 1) he doesn't know what to tell me 2) he doesn't know how to help me (to which I reply that he could research places and make calls WITH me).

I guess maybe I am just sad and venting.  Thanks for listening.

by on May. 31, 2013 at 4:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
Michelle0609
by on May. 31, 2013 at 6:43 PM

Hugs sweetie best of luck I hope yo ucan find some where near you 

AlannaMaria
by on May. 31, 2013 at 7:10 PM

Maybe you should get into some counseling to help your through this. So sorry momma. *hugs*

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)