Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Ever Happen to You?

Posted by on May. 31, 2013 at 10:01 PM
  • 16 Replies

Poll

Question: So, have you and your hubby EXPLODED into an outrageous fight, then calmed down to discuss it like rational people, then had make-up sex, and went on your way or went to sleep?

Options:

Honey, that's called Marriage

I picked this answer because I didn't like the other two options

No, that crap is for crazy people

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 21

View Results

Tension builds up on varying issues for a week or two.  Nothing gets resolved.  Finally something happens and you and your husband explode at each other (we waited until the kids were in bed).  Fierce arguing (shouting, big gestures, mean things said) then calm discussion, apologies, sex, then go to sleep.

I went from yesterday being a horrifically bad day.  Then that evening we have this huge fight.  Only the 2nd time we've ever fought like that in 6 years.  Now today it's like 1,000 percent better.  We are going to work out some things on Tuesday when we can get a sitter and get some real quality time, but we both seem much better.

So, have you and your hubby EXPLODED at each other, then calmed down, had sex, and went on your way?

by on May. 31, 2013 at 10:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
shadow_lark
by Silver Member on May. 31, 2013 at 10:35 PM
We've never had a fight like that. I don't think we've ever even raised our voices to each other.
MomToovey
by Marianne on May. 31, 2013 at 10:45 PM

Nope. We have gotten more angry with each other than we really should have, but never an explosion. For the most part, when one or the other (or both) is angry, we end up taking some time alone. I don't know what he does, but I gather my thoughts. I think about what specifically made me upset and why, so that when we do calm down, we can discuss it civilly. 95% of the time, we have our "fights" resolved within minutes without ever actually having fought. And while we may have had sex after resolving an issue, it's not WHY we have the sex.

proudmommy690
by on May. 31, 2013 at 10:51 PM
We do..
WildPowerMom
by on Jun. 1, 2013 at 1:03 PM
In 6 years it's happened exactly twice where we raised our voices like this. This time it was a perfect storm that led up to it. One of those Murphey's Law days where "Anything that can go wrong will go wrong" and both of us were at our limit. I don't know what 6 years divided by two fights is, but I'm thinking we have a pretty healthy relationship. I guess I'm mostly asking to see if even the best marriages sometimes just have those ugly moments.
Quoting shadow_lark:

We've never had a fight like that. I don't think we've ever even raised our voices to each other.
WildPowerMom
by on Jun. 1, 2013 at 1:05 PM
Quoting proudmommy690:

We do..
WOOHOO!! I'm not alone!! :)
xoxRachelxox
by on Jun. 1, 2013 at 1:06 PM

We don't really have explosive fights. We have small little arguments. Usually we just walk away and think about it then come back and whoever was wrong, will apologize. 

It's usually him though, just sayin'

WildPowerMom
by on Jun. 1, 2013 at 1:09 PM

We are usually super Dr Phil type healthy about our fights.  This one was just absurd and difficult.  We didn't have sex *because* we fought, we had sex because we'd fought over some tough issues we'd not dealth with, then worked them out, and were connected by it. 

The experience just hasn't happened a lot and I wasn't sure if we were normal or more abnormal.  Apparently, this sort of thing isn't as strange as I thought it was.

Quoting MomToovey:

And while we may have had sex after resolving an issue, it's not WHY we have the sex.

proudmommy690
by on Jun. 1, 2013 at 1:09 PM
Lol it happens all the time. We get in a huuuge argument and for some odd reason (tmi alert) it gets df horny lmfao. Next day its like nothing happened.

Quoting WildPowerMom:

Quoting proudmommy690:

We do..

WOOHOO!! I'm not alone!! :)
WildPowerMom
by on Jun. 1, 2013 at 1:17 PM

LOL!  We had this fight just as we were getting into bed for the night.  We sleep naked so we were having this fight naked.  There was some comedian that had referenced how unfair it is to fight with your husband naked because it confuses his heads.  "Both want to FU, but in completely different ways.  It's unfair."

Quoting proudmommy690:

Lol it happens all the time. We get in a huuuge argument and for some odd reason (tmi alert) it gets df horny lmfao. Next day its like nothing happened.

ittyprincess604
by Bronze Member on Jun. 1, 2013 at 1:28 PM
Honestly we have really only been in one big argument, and it was before we married. Dh and I hardly ever even raise our voice at each other. Sure we annoy the piss out of each other sometimes though lol
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)