Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

what do YOU think?!

Posted by on Jun. 11, 2013 at 9:22 PM
  • 30 Replies
Do you think a marriage can get through anything?

Or do you think once a crazy amount of bad has happened theres just no turning back and your destined for it to end badly?

For example: family drama and emotional problems like being completly chidlish and mean during arguements due to immaturity....
by on Jun. 11, 2013 at 9:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
staceyp6180
by Member on Jun. 11, 2013 at 9:24 PM
2 moms liked this
I think it all depends on the situations
sissyboogs
by Bronze Member on Jun. 11, 2013 at 9:25 PM

Quoting staceyp6180:

I think it all depends on the situations

This. And the people involved. 

anotherandree
by Bronze Member on Jun. 11, 2013 at 9:27 PM

There are too many factors to make such a blanket statement.

Hottmomma607
by Trica on Jun. 11, 2013 at 9:49 PM
Family drama, friend drama shouldn't affect a relationship/marriage.
lisa8824
by on Jun. 11, 2013 at 10:15 PM
2 moms liked this
Depends on the situation and the people, but I can say if both people are willing to work at it then yes it can work through it all.
disastermind
by on Jun. 11, 2013 at 10:44 PM

I guess it depends on what the family drama is about. 

Anryan
by Platinum Member on Jun. 11, 2013 at 10:46 PM
2 moms liked this

Quoting ashbash1616:

Do you think a marriage can get through anything?  I think it can if both parties step up and acknowledge thier part of the issue.  Even if an issue starts with one person, the other tends to react before discussing it and then they just feed off of each other.  If both parties are willing to talk appropriately and take whatever steps are deemed necessary and they WANT to make it work then yes it can.

Or do you think once a crazy amount of bad has happened theres just no turning back and your destined for it to end badly?  Depends on the bad.  Sometimes bad things happen and there is a reason or it couldn't be avoided.  Most times however it is because of a person's lapse in judgement (either prior to marriage or during).  I say prior because alot of time we will over look something (like drinking to eccess, etc) because we are infatuated with a person and then when we marry them we can't tolerate it any longer....You knew about it, they knew about it, now what are you both willing to do to resolve it together...make sense?  Abuse, well abuse is tricky.  I have known a few abusive men and women that have changed thier stars and are wonderful people and i have known 2 that were what i can "inherintly evil", nothing would change them.  So with abuse it depends on situation, why they did it and if they are willing to seek immediate help and stay with that help.

For example: family drama and emotional problems like being completly chidlish and mean during arguements due to immaturity....  As hard as it is, family and friends should never break up a marriage.  When you marry you are making  your own family and while your blood family matter they shouldn't have any ANY input on your marriage and thier drama shouldn't affect your relationship.  Mean during arguments...Well that can be changed by the other partner if they address things appropriately, walk away when things get ugly instead of fueling the fire, and think about what the real issue is and address it appropriately and at appropriate time.  Most people go into a relationship not knowing how to "fight" and end up acting like 2 toddlers fighting over a hot wheels car.  Learn yourself and teach your partner by example.

Anryan,

Wife to.....

David    and   Irish

RhiannonMare
by on Jun. 11, 2013 at 11:39 PM

It depends on the people involved and the situation. Family drama, yes, you can get through that. Master and I have had to deal with that ever since we got married. We're a team and have gotten through a lot together.

Sometimes you reach a point where you have to end it in order to save your sanity or your life. That happened in my first marriage.

la_bella_vita
by Bella on Jun. 12, 2013 at 12:05 AM
If both people want it to work then yes
Zazayam
by on Jun. 12, 2013 at 1:47 AM

I think it depends on the couple, and what they're both willing to put into it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)