Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

when was the last time?

Posted by on Jun. 12, 2013 at 6:53 PM
  • 46 Replies

you and your partner had time together without the kids? what did you do? and how often do you get time like this together?

i'm wondering b/c me and my hubby like never get to go out together and it sucks we have a 4 yr old and a 2 yr old and no one babysits for us. long story ill spare the details but little insight my parents cant handle kids anymore and his parents are always dealing with his sister and her kids so mine our left out alot!

by on Jun. 12, 2013 at 6:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
BonitaM
by Platinum Member on Jun. 12, 2013 at 8:58 PM

Last weekend.  She was at the neighbor's most of the day so even though we were right next door we were by ourselves.  We all had a wonderful day and DH and I got a lot done.

lace-n-heels
by on Jun. 12, 2013 at 9:02 PM

my df and I just spent 10 days together without my dd. She was at her dad's and we went to see his family. We normally get every other weekend alone 

earthangel1967
Happy Sept! I changed my siggy & profile for Sept. This month I'll be spending time in Love & Marriage & Frugalistas & Everyday Family Ideas groups. See you there! :D
Today at 1:35 AM
by YVONNE on Jun. 12, 2013 at 9:10 PM

Well NOW we get time alone together lots of it, every day and every night and on most weekends all weekend long. Because as of the past year our 5 are young adults on their own now. We are going places and doing things and having countless dates and lots of privacy to do whatever whenever and wherever we want all the time now. Its like a second honeymoon that never ends!  Today besides sex, we also read aloud together, we went out to eat at a nice restaurant for dinner and we went to the movies to see Internship. We enjoyed lots of conversation and cuddling too. and playing with our pets and feedng the wildlife in our yard.

WHEN our 5 kids were all still teens in the house all at the same time which also meant they usually each had one or a handful each of friends over most days and nights too bc we were always the hang out house and wanted it that way. (easier to know what your kids and their friends are up to if they are hanging out at YOUR house :D) ..... we'd spend time alone when they went to bed renting a movie or watching tv and visiting and cuddling or playing a video game together or a word game like scrabble or a sttragety game like othello. Or we'd go in our bedroom and lock the door and have sexy private time in there.

Also most weekends we would pay the oldest kids to watch the younger ones for one to several hours so we could go out to dinner or to a movie or play mini golf or go for a walk or SOMETHING. We'd encourage them to be good enough for us to do that by tellng them and keeping our word that the next day on sunday or saturday we'd do what we called weekend family fun activity day and we'd do something fun or go somewhere fun as a whle family. I was always looking for new ideas online or in the newspapers etc and we have a lot of happy memories of that too.

View Full Size Image YVONNE

(This is my husband Todd's Fatherhood Tattoo. It says Roots & Wings bc that's he gave them. The tree has each of our 5 kids initials engraved on it. Has 5 roots & 5 birds flying off on their own but that know that HE-the solid tree is always there for them)

raefmom
by Member on Jun. 12, 2013 at 9:11 PM

I know the feeling. My in-laws gave us a coupon for a night of free babysitting for Christmas. They still havent managed to find time to watch the kids for me. But they have watched my SIL's 4 kids for an entire weekend twice. Not to mention countless other times. 

I am lucky in the sense that there is an hourly daycare called Kids Park that we use. If it wasnt for them, we would never get any alone time. We are going to put them in Kids Park on Friday so we can see a movie for my birthday.

michelles89
by Member on Jun. 12, 2013 at 9:11 PM
My honeymoon two months ago! Besides my ds goin to grandpas occasionally but then we still have dd :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AJ-47
by on Jun. 12, 2013 at 9:11 PM
Hubs and I spend at least a few hours together every night after our Son goes to sleep.
Rosebud27aj
by on Jun. 12, 2013 at 9:14 PM

We had a lunch date today. We went to the park, had a nice lunch and talked for a bit. We get lunch dates a few times a month, while both boys are in school and dh has the day off. Now that school is almost over we won't have any until September. 

lapcounter
by Gold Member on Jun. 12, 2013 at 9:14 PM
It will be this weekend, whooooo!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
deadlights86
by Emily on Jun. 12, 2013 at 9:16 PM

I guess for dh birthday in March. We only get 4 nights a year out. My birthday in Feb his birthday in March our anniversary in May and one night close to christmas so we can go christmas shopping. We didn't get to go out for our anniversary this year though nobody would watch the kids.

la_bella_vita
by Bella on Jun. 12, 2013 at 11:14 PM

Our Anniversary

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)