Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

Let's see your wedding band!

Posted by on Jun. 12, 2013 at 8:27 PM
  • 46 Replies

Hubby's is titanium carbon fiber, mine is 10k white gold and 1.6 carat natural diamonds.

We just got ours today, FINALLY, after a seven-month wait! LET'S SEE YOUR BLING, LADIES! :)

by on Jun. 12, 2013 at 8:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
earthangel1967
by YVONNE on Jun. 12, 2013 at 8:30 PM
1 mom liked this
Those are gorgeous congrats

View Full Size Image YVONNE

(This is my husband Todd's Fatherhood Tattoo. It says Roots & Wings bc that's he gave them. The tree has each of our 5 kids initials engraved on it. Has 5 roots & 5 birds flying off on their own but that know that HE-the solid tree is always there for them)

AJ-47
by on Jun. 12, 2013 at 8:39 PM
1 mom liked this

Mobile Photo

My "Hers" of our His & Hers set. Celtic design. =]
earthangel1967
by YVONNE on Jun. 12, 2013 at 8:40 PM

Ours are not a set (his and mine) they were bought separately. He picked out mine and bought them and surprised me and proposed to me and I picked out his and bought and surprised him and proposed BACK to him 6 mos after he did to me. But both sets are platinum with 7 diamonds in mine and 7 in his one for each member of our family - me, todd and our 5 kids).

Besides having the 7 diamonds one for each family member on my engagement ring (the wedding band is just a band and links into the engagement ring like a puzzle piece) he wanted one diamond to stand out above the rest bc he said to him that says that there may be other quality women who are like diamonds in this world  to someone, but to HIM... I stand out high above all the rest in his eyes and in his heart. awww (picture turned out kind of blurry sorry)

His ring is also platinum and has 7 diamonds one for me todd and each of our 5 kids and they are in a strip down the center of black onyx purposely to symbolize that Todd was and does always tell people frequently that his life before he had me and the kids was a darkness , like a living hell and that we came into his life like angels of light and brought him into a new life of light and joy that he didn't even realize could exist in this life. So the ring symbolizes us the diamonds like a streak of light cutting thru the darkness.

We both love and treasure our rings because of what they mean to us and we both wear them 24/7.

(This is my husband Todd's Fatherhood Tattoo. It says Roots & Wings bc that's he gave them. The tree has each of our 5 kids initials engraved on it. Has 5 roots & 5 birds flying off on their own but that know that HE-the solid tree is always there for them)

Rosebud27aj
Come on 2nd Trimester!
Yesterday at 2:44 PM
by on Jun. 12, 2013 at 8:40 PM
1 mom liked this

Very pretty...

MamaMerkle126
by Member on Jun. 12, 2013 at 8:43 PM
1 mom liked this

That's so cool! Very unique in the wedding band category, I like it.

Quoting AJ-47:

Mobile Photo

MamaMerkle126
by Member on Jun. 12, 2013 at 8:46 PM

That's so sweet! They are lovely. I wanted to get something like that, with a diamond for each of our family members, but we don't think we're done having children yet so I wasn't sure it was a good idea. BUT, if we do stop at two, I can always say the four quarter-carat diamonds in the center of mine stand for the four of us, I suppose. We picked out our own rings. He has a "temporary" wedding band I got him for Christmas that I picked out for him, and I have a promise/engagement ring that he picked out for me before we got pregnant with our twins. We got married in November before they were born and couldn't afford wedding bands at the time, so tonight, when we got them, we read each other love letters/vows that we'd written to one another in the privacy of our bedroom, exchanged rings, and cuddled for a while. It was perfect :)

Quoting earthangel1967:

Ours are not a set (his and mine) they were bought separately. He picked out mine and bought them and surprised me and proposed to me and I picked out his and bought and surprised him and proposed BACK to him 6 mos after he did to me. But both sets are platinum with 7 diamonds in mine and 7 in his one for each member of our family - me, todd and our 5 kids).

Besides having the 7 diamonds one for each family member on my engagement ring (the wedding band is just a band and links into the engagement ring like a puzzle piece) he wanted one diamond to stand out above the rest bc he said to him that says that there may be other quality women who are like diamonds in this world  to someone, but to HIM... I stand out high above all the rest in his eyes and in his heart. awww (picture turned out kind of blurry sorry)

His ring is also platinum and has 7 diamonds one for me todd and each of our 5 kids and they are in a strip down the center of black onyx purposely to symbolize that Todd was and does always tell people frequently that his life before he had me and the kids was a darkness , like a living hell and that we came into his life like angels of light and brought him into a new life of light and joy that he didn't even realize could exist in this life. So the ring symbolizes us the diamonds like a streak of light cutting thru the darkness.

We both love and treasure our rings because of what they mean to us and we both wear them 24/7.

4boysNme
by on Jun. 12, 2013 at 8:47 PM

Mobile Photo

Mine is an eternity band and my husband is carbon fiber in titanium.
AJ-47
by on Jun. 12, 2013 at 8:48 PM
Thank you! They're more our style than the plain ol' gold bands we had. I'm, especially, all about Irish/Celtic stuff.

Quoting MamaMerkle126:

Quoting AJ-47:

Mobile Photo

MamaMerkle126
by Member on Jun. 12, 2013 at 8:53 PM
1 mom liked this

Honestly, I considered something along those lines. But we ended up getting a huge 70+% discount, so that changed our minds lol. Hubby didn't want any bling. I struggled with the possible appearance of arrogance or materialism that might come with my ring... I felt kind of selfish. I was afraid people would think it was way too big and too flashy. But Hubby convinced me to get it anyway because "it's your wedding ring!", and we were able to afford it easily with the discount. When I opened the box I was like HOLY SHIT, but on my finger it's not so bad. I have fat fingers, so they compensate for the excessive sparkle lol.

I like that yours is beautiful, but still tasteful and meaningful. I've always loved the Irish/Gaelic/Celtic stuff as well!

Quoting AJ-47:

Thank you! They're more our style than the plain ol' gold bands we had. I'm, especially, all about Irish/Celtic stuff.

Quoting MamaMerkle126:

Quoting AJ-47:

Mobile Photo

earthangel1967
by YVONNE on Jun. 12, 2013 at 8:53 PM
Quoting MamaMerkle126:

That's so sweet! They are lovely. I wanted to get something like that, with a diamond for each of our family members, but we don't think we're done having children yet so I wasn't sure it was a good idea. BUT, if we do stop at two, I can always say the four quarter-carat diamonds in the center of mine stand for the four of us, I suppose. We picked out our own rings. He has a "temporary" wedding band I got him for Christmas that I picked out for him, and I have a promise/engagement ring that he picked out for me before we got pregnant with our twins. We got married in November before they were born and couldn't afford wedding bands at the time, so tonight, when we got them, we read each other love letters/vows that we'd written to one another in the privacy of our bedroom, exchanged rings, and cuddled for a while. It was perfect :)

Quoting earthangel1967:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)