Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

How many jobs do you and your so have?

Posted by on Jun. 12, 2013 at 10:04 PM
  • 51 Replies
I recently got hired for 2 jobs, one management(30-40 hrs a week) and one part time(15-25 hrs a week) and had to quit my current job.
Dh just got hired at a job making min wage, no insurance but 30 hrs a week.(sucky)
We don't have kids currently since we miscarried in the begging of the year but we are actively ttc. I have insurance with my mom.

If you have multiple jobs how do you manage work hours and hours spending time with hubby or so?
Please no bashing. We have been married for 3 months and we are saving up for our honeymoon for our 1 year.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jun. 12, 2013 at 10:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MJP76
by on Jun. 12, 2013 at 10:21 PM

My husband has two jobs and goes to school. Time with each other is usually right before bed, for an hour or two. And dinner time.

la_bella_vita
by Bella on Jun. 12, 2013 at 11:13 PM

DH has one job. I'm a SAHM

PartyGalAnne
by on Jun. 12, 2013 at 11:36 PM

He's got 1(full time) and plays in a band, and I am self employed.

starreyedcutie
by Bronze Member on Jun. 13, 2013 at 12:03 AM
We both have one job...my job is entirely work from home
villagemamma
by on Jun. 13, 2013 at 12:06 AM

I work mainly from home selling childrens clothes but as of the last few months i have been interning at DHS helping in their foster parent training center,

Dh has one main job. Hes a bartender full time but also builds websites and does other computer maintenance and IT stuff, but he considers that more of a hobby

armyvet06
by Member on Jun. 13, 2013 at 12:06 AM
Its just me and my daughter. I don't have a job anymore but I currently live with my parents while I attend school full time.
MamaJess9
by Member on Jun. 13, 2013 at 12:07 AM

Quoting la_bella_vita:

DH has one job. I'm a SAHM

alexsmomaubrys2
by Silver Member on Jun. 13, 2013 at 12:08 AM

DH - 1 job

Me - 0 job (unless you count going to school as a job)

MrsApple
by Silver Member on Jun. 13, 2013 at 12:09 AM

Hubby works one job (70+ hours a week) and I go to school online and am a sahm.Hubby's type of work and hours is a main reason I do not work.We would literally NEVER see each other or have family time.As it is we still don't get a lot of time together but we make the most of what we get!

Spoiled_Blonde
by Member on Jun. 13, 2013 at 12:14 AM

I am self employed but I work at 2 different salons. DH and I own a business that he takes care of, about 3 hours a week. DH fully retired from his main job 2.5 years ago. So making time to spend together as a family is really easy for us. If there is a weekend I want off I just don't book clients :) Works perfect for us... I'm 29 DH is 36

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)