Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

Does he drive a truck?

Posted by on Jun. 13, 2013 at 8:56 PM
  • 45 Replies
My husband drives an old Chevy S10 and he is dying to get a better one (to feel more manly, I guess!) It will finally be paid off in a few months, so he has been looking around.
Does your DH/SO drive a truck? If so, what does he have, and what does he like/hate about it?
by on Jun. 13, 2013 at 8:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
raegan1221
by Silver Member on Jun. 13, 2013 at 8:57 PM
Yes...a big blue dodge diesel.
lapcounter
by Gold Member on Jun. 13, 2013 at 8:58 PM
Yes a big Dodge, I have a Ford King Ranch :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Wickedawesome88
by on Jun. 13, 2013 at 9:01 PM
I dream of driving a ford raptor.... One day I will own one
.Peaches.
by Bronze Member on Jun. 13, 2013 at 9:05 PM

My S/O isn't the truck type.

earthangel1967
by YVONNE on Jun. 13, 2013 at 9:07 PM

Not anymore and never again.

When we met when we were just dating, he had a Dodge Ram but that was because his old girlfriend screamed at him he wasnt a REAL man if he didnt drive a truck along with a bunch of other insults (she was weird ) and he was just trying to make her happy which he regrets, so he ended up with a truck with payments forever and it was bad on gas and then he left her for countless reasons and still had the stupid truck  but it was just him and his little girl so that was ok at first, but then he met and fell in love with me and my 4 kids and I had NO vehicle so his truck was all he had for all 7 of us and that SUCKED... he couldnt wait to get rid of it and get an suv or something more practical to fit our whole family.

What he PERSONALLY Loves is sport cars and convertibles so I told him if he wanted one he should get one to drive to and from work in as long as it was used in our price range, why not. so he did get one and had that for quite a few years for himself and I along with the family vehicle. But then he got over that and sold it and now our kids are grown and we love our suv so when we want to hang out with our adult kids or go on trips with them, they can all come with us in our vehicle. or we can help them move and other helpful things.

I dont believe he'll ever have a truck again.

PS our 24 yr old daughter Brittany drives a Ford Ranger with a a stick (its her second one) and she loves it.

View Full Size Image YVONNE

(This is my husband Todd's Fatherhood Tattoo. It says Roots & Wings bc that's he gave them. The tree has each of our 5 kids initials engraved on it. Has 5 roots & 5 birds flying off on their own but that know that HE-the solid tree is always there for them)

AlannaMaria
by Alanna on Jun. 13, 2013 at 9:20 PM
My DH drives my car because he bought me a knew Ford explorer. He wants to get a new Ford truck, not sure which one. He's a finance manager at a Ford store.
1squishysmom
by Bronze Member on Jun. 13, 2013 at 9:20 PM

my husband doesn't but our 17yo son drives a 1998 Ford ranger. You can hear him coming a mile away (literally). He's our big redneck

deadlights86
by Emily on Jun. 13, 2013 at 9:38 PM
Dh doesn't drive at all.
BonitaM
by Platinum Member on Jun. 13, 2013 at 9:43 PM

DH has an Avalanche and he loves everything about it.....especially that it has roll bars which saved our lives when I rolled it a couple years ago.  We still drive the same truck dents and all.  It's his baby.

la_bella_vita
by Bella on Jun. 13, 2013 at 10:23 PM

Not right now but he did in the past and wants to again in the future

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)