Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

How many of you would consider renewing their vows?

Posted by on Jun. 14, 2013 at 5:00 PM
  • 63 Replies
My DD thought we should because she wasn't there the first at the first wedding?
by on Jun. 14, 2013 at 5:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
CjEmmemommy
by on Jun. 14, 2013 at 5:02 PM
1 mom liked this

I never had a first wedding so we did consider doing it, now life has happened and its just not that important... I cant imagine spending 10k on a wedding just to do it after all this time.

I rather put that money in our retirment account:) or go on vacation alone

anotherandree
by Bronze Member on Jun. 14, 2013 at 5:04 PM

This absolutely.  I had always dreamt of romantically renewing our vows, but now life just took over.  I would MUCH rather put that money towards a house, or bills, or a house, or a vacation, or a house, or bills, or a house...

Quoting CjEmmemommy:

I never had a first wedding so we did consider doing it, now life has happened and its just not that important... I cant imagine spending 10k on a wedding just to do it after all this time.

Dippydoomomof2
by on Jun. 14, 2013 at 5:06 PM
We have talked about it. But it is still a long ways off.

I would like to. My dress wasn't my dream dress, I was pregnant and my best friend couldn't be there.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CjEmmemommy
by on Jun. 14, 2013 at 5:07 PM

Haha finally got the house a few years ago but that was what we saved for before now!

Hope you get a place soon!!!:))) Its amazing

Quoting anotherandree:

This absolutely.  I had always dreamt of romantically renewing our vows, but now life just took over.  I would MUCH rather put that money towards a house, or bills, or a house, or a vacation, or a house, or bills, or a house...

Quoting CjEmmemommy:

IQuitCounting
by Bronze Member on Jun. 14, 2013 at 5:11 PM

Yes, I think it would be fun, especially since we were married on our Fav island, Kauai, and we love any excuse to visit :)

nlallison2351
by on Jun. 14, 2013 at 5:16 PM

We are actually talking about it and getting a idea on how much it would cost...I didnt get the wedding i wanted because i was 17 and i have a very controlling grandmother changing everythign i wanted. Since we have gone through so much in the nine years we have been together and hae a whole knew found love and understanding of each other we think it would be a beautiful thing to do and incorporate our kids.

furbabymum
by Gold Member on Jun. 14, 2013 at 5:19 PM
1 mom liked this

I wouldn't. Not unless we'd been married like 50 years.

1squishysmom
by Bronze Member on Jun. 14, 2013 at 5:23 PM
1 mom liked this

I brought this up to my husband, once upon a time. We have been married over 21 years. He feels that renewing our vows somehow makes the original vows not mean as much. If we promised to love each other forever, and we have never broken those vows, it should not be done again.

ddhb2007
by Bronze Member on Jun. 14, 2013 at 5:40 PM

We're planning to renew them in 2 years (our 15th anniversary).  We have money in retirement.  We have a house.  We go on vacations.  We want to re-do the experience.  So, we're planning on dropping a chunk of change on a vow renewal with only our best friends and our daughter in 2015. 

RhiannonMare
by on Jun. 14, 2013 at 6:51 PM

We want to renew our vows, probably at our 20th or 25th anniversary. We want to have it done at the Renaissance faire.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)