Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

Ladies with a spouse who is never home due to work EDIT PLEASE READ

Posted by   + Show Post

How do you keep your marriage healthy and in a positive space when you mate works away from home most of the week?  I knew there was something going on, but i couldn't put my finger on it.  On fathers day he asked for a divorce.  He said he isn't happy with himself and he cant focus on us until he is happy with him.  He said it would be selfish for him to ask me to wait for him.  I am more than willing to fight for my marriage, but i cant fight alone.  He said he doesnt want to do counseling, because he wont be into it.  Early Early this morning I asked him was he sure this was what he wanted, i asked him did he want to try a separation to give him to to himself, he agreed.  Apart of me feels like he agreed just for me, i will speak to him about it, i want him to do it because he wants to, not just for me.  I Love my husband and would love for us to make it through it.  I wont give up on us, if he wont.  We have decided after a few break downs this morning, loads of tears from the both of us and then calmly talking we are going to take a step back and evaluate see what changes need to be made, while growing, and taking our relationship day by day.  We are also going to meet with our pastor.

by on Jun. 16, 2013 at 5:46 PM
Replies (21-30):
MomRocs1102
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 7:19 AM

none taken, thanks 

Quoting bad_mama2011:

No offense, but sounds like a bunch of selfish BS from him, good luck.

bad_mama2011
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 7:24 AM

Is he going through a mid-life crisis?

Quoting MomRocs1102:

none taken, thanks 

Quoting bad_mama2011:

MomRocs1102
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 7:26 AM

sounds like it, but hes 26

Quoting bad_mama2011:

Quoting MomRocs1102:

none taken, thanks 

Quoting bad_mama2011:

bad_mama2011
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 7:31 AM
2 moms liked this

He needs to grow up.

Quoting MomRocs1102:

sounds like it, but hes 26

Quoting bad_mama2011:

Quoting MomRocs1102:

none taken, thanks 

Quoting bad_mama2011:

twogirl91
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 7:49 AM

First him saying he needs to focus on himself is just going to make your relationship worse. When you put yourself first over your spouse that's when a marriage falls apart. Marriage is about giving of yourself to the other person, only then are you going to feel fulfilled.This really sucks because you want the marriage to work, but he doesn't seem like he really cares. (Hugs) 

Diane1223
by Bronze Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 8:01 AM
2 moms liked this

I am really sorry! I hope that everything works out!

jmlmomma
by Bronze Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 8:14 AM
1 mom liked this

Sadly it sounds like theres someone else... When the truth comes out from him..I hope your ready for it.. I'm so sorry your going through this... Be strong... Do you guys have children? HUGS.

Megan11587
by Megan on Jun. 17, 2013 at 8:21 AM

We both work, but my DH is also in school at night, so I don't really see him during the week.  I guess for me, it's a little different because I know it's temporary.  We just spend the weekends together, and honestly, I've always enjoyed my alone time, so I kind of enjoy it.   I hope things work out for you.

MomRocs1102
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 8:32 AM
ds is 8 and dd is 5 months
Quoting jmlmomma:

Sadly it sounds like theres someone else... When the truth comes out from him..I hope your ready for it.. I'm so sorry your going through this... Be strong... Do you guys have children? HUGS.

MomRocs1102
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 8:33 AM

I agree, thanks

Quoting twogirl91:

First him saying he needs to focus on himself is just going to make your relationship worse. When you put yourself first over your spouse that's when a marriage falls apart. Marriage is about giving of yourself to the other person, only then are you going to feel fulfilled.This really sucks because you want the marriage to work, but he doesn't seem like he really cares. (Hugs) 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)