Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

I am getting nervous

Posted by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 4:25 PM
  • 4 Replies

Bf has been talking about buying couches,getting dogs,moving,etc.It all makes me nervous since we are not married.I had  2 bad relationships previously.I am worried about getting screwed over again.He  is a goood  guy I just have trust issues.I am afraid  I will sabotage this out of fear

by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 4:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
kate.oneill
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 4:28 PM
2 moms liked this

Well, don't!  (Sabotage it.) 

if he's a good guy, and I trust that you've honed your judgement skills after a few bad experiences, hold on to him.  If he seems like he's making investments into your future together, you should do the same.

Don't rush into anything and remember to use your head. 

AlannaMaria
by Alanna on Jun. 17, 2013 at 6:09 PM
I agree!

Quoting kate.oneill:

Well, don't!  (Sabotage it.) 

if he's a good guy, and I trust that you've honed your judgement skills after a few bad experiences, hold on to him.  If he seems like he's making investments into your future together, you should do the same.

Don't rush into anything and remember to use your head. 

cornillia2013
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 6:12 PM
1 mom liked this
Its ok. Ik wat u mean by trust issues..just take it one day at a time.
AnGLInterrupted
by Kendall on Jun. 17, 2013 at 7:09 PM

Talk to him.  Don't rush into something you're not comfortable with just because you fear losing it if you don't.  I did that with my first marriage and it didn't work out so well for me.  He wasn't "the one".

BUT if this is right and you're shoving things away because you're scared..  then you need to discuss this with him.  Let him know you need reassurance along the way.  

Communication is key.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)