Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

problems

Posted by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 5:48 PM
  • 13 Replies

My boyfriend proposed to me in October. We had some problems and he told me we would postpone the wedding. We have our first baby on the way. Well now he tells me he doesn't want to get married at all. Being married is something I have dreamt about. He says its not that important to him anymore. Its very stressful and I am very upset about it and I don't know what to do.

by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 5:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AlannaMaria
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 5:59 PM
That's odd.. I wonder what changed his mind?
ahleesha14
by Bronze Member on Jun. 19, 2013 at 9:34 AM

Now he asked me if we got married what month we would get married. i don't get it either.

ShortCakeScrap
by on Jun. 19, 2013 at 9:38 AM

Have you asked him why it isn't important anymore?  I would tell him to be honest with his feelings.

furbabymum
by on Jun. 19, 2013 at 11:01 AM

My DH always wanted kids. One day he told me he didn't want kids anymore. Turns out he was cheating. Just a warning for ya. I'd want to know what changed your BF's mind. Oh, tell him you've decided to not have sex until you are married. Bet you'd be married fast!

Bertieb
by Member on Jun. 19, 2013 at 11:25 AM

Is it possible he is planning a surprise wedding and trying to throw you off? There has been stuff in the news lately about fewer couples actually tying the knot too, so maybe something or someone scared him. I'm a believer in marriage and commitment, plus you can file taxes jointly, lol! Or, what if you didn't give your baby his last name? Do you have to do that if your aren't married? If I was having someone's baby I'd want my child to have the same last name I have and if that is my maiden name then so be it.

deadlights86
by Emily on Jun. 19, 2013 at 11:35 AM

Maybe he's just stressed from having the baby on the way give things time to settle down and then revisit the idea.

.Peaches.
by on Jun. 19, 2013 at 11:37 AM

Do you still want to marry him?

I don't get what's up with the back and forth....and it looks like you don't either. The only way you'll find out is to ask him, and go from there. But its not cool being strung along- either he's gonna do it or not.

Krysden
by Platinum Member on Jun. 20, 2013 at 11:09 PM

that's odd.   All you can do is talk to him and see if you can find out what's up with him.  If he is NOT willing to get married ever then you have to decide if that's a deal breaker for you.  Good Luck

ahleesha14
by Bronze Member on Jun. 29, 2013 at 2:11 PM

Yea I don't know whats going on. Things are going better so we will see what happens

alexsmomaubrys2
by on Jun. 29, 2013 at 2:13 PM

I suggest couples counseling. You both need to work through your problems before your baby gets here. Don't marry him without getting everything resolved first.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)