Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Speak hubby speak! Good boy! Whos got dh communication training tips?!

Posted by on Jun. 19, 2013 at 1:06 AM
  • 11 Replies
Simply put, my dh doesnt have the 1st clue how to communicate. Be it a conversation or simply answering a question. Well not with me at least. Its like pulling teeth & when he does talk its to yell & complain what im doing wrong- worst part is that when i give him a brilliant reply, one that he cant argue with, he LEAVES" Just walks outa the rm or hse & next time we r in same rm he acts like it nevr hapnd, that he was nevr being impossible & that i wasnt angry or crying & hurt.
We women kno communication is crucial to our marriages survival but wat do u do wen u hav tried all your moms & gfs advice, read every book written by the experts & employd their strategies not to mention a few hundred of ur own but r still getn bubkus?!
Feels like im the only one that works on our relationship & happiness, get nothing in return not even respect much less heartfelt love...i love him & dnt want a divorce. Im just at my wits end how to get thru this cretins thick skull! Help!!!
by on Jun. 19, 2013 at 1:06 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
.Peaches.
by Bronze Member on Jun. 19, 2013 at 4:28 AM
2 moms liked this

Sounds like counseling is in order.

furbabymum
by Gold Member on Jun. 19, 2013 at 10:57 AM
1 mom liked this

Maybe he has trouble understanding you. If you talk like you type I'd have huge issues carrying on a conversation with you.

Beautiful31mom
by on Jun. 19, 2013 at 11:16 AM

Perhaps you should start by talking to him like a human instead of a dog. If the way you speak about him on here is any indcation on how you are in real life, I would not want to communicate with you either.

.Peaches.
by Bronze Member on Jun. 19, 2013 at 11:44 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting furbabymum:

Maybe he has trouble understanding you. If you talk like you type I'd have huge issues carrying on a conversation with you.

It took me awhile to get through it too- I finally started skimming.

Metteba
by on Jun. 19, 2013 at 2:26 PM

Maybe he's just Lame!! LOL. 

supercarp
by on Jun. 19, 2013 at 3:20 PM

First of all, don't call him a cretin. Your communication breakdown is rooted in respect and I think he probably doesn't feel empowered to speak to you without getting angry, for a reason. I think you need counseling before this gets any worse.

chasing
by on Jul. 1, 2013 at 2:53 AM
I am not an idiot, im actually exceptionally bright. I have NEVER spoken down to or insulted my DH. Isnt CM a place that we can be real about our frustrations & air them out a bit?
That is what i was doing with my post, apparently that was misunderstood by some.
& i did mention i tried following EXPERT advice & i did so to the letter.

Quoting Beautiful31mom:

Perhaps you should start by talking to him like a human instead of a dog. If the way you speak about him on here is any indcation on how you are in real life, I would not want to communicate with you either.

Beautiful31mom
by on Jul. 1, 2013 at 6:40 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting chasing:

I am not an idiot, im actually exceptionally bright. I have NEVER spoken down to or insulted my DH. Isnt CM a place that we can be real about our frustrations & air them out a bit?
That is what i was doing with my post, apparently that was misunderstood by some.
& i did mention i tried following EXPERT advice & i did so to the letter.

Quoting Beautiful31mom:

I never stated you were, And actually you did speak down about him, your ttile and you calling him a crertin in your last sentence is proof of that. Perhaps if you learn to communicate better he will be able to communicate with you better.

God Loves You, And So, Do I !!!!!

momof2gingers
by on Jul. 1, 2013 at 11:16 AM
What the bloody hell is bubkus?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AnGLInterrupted
by Kendall on Jul. 1, 2013 at 11:22 AM

You want to train your husband to speak?  What's he a Labrador?  Stop trying to make him into something he's not and see how things change.  If you're still not happy, then get counseling or leave.  But don't TRAIN your husband to speak.  He's not a dog.o

In all seriousness..  if you try to force a normally shy person, or a person lacking communication skills, into trying to be more outgoing or opening up more..  it's only going to drive them further inside themselves.  Try figuring out WHY he's this way rather than trying to make him change.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)