Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Are you making your nest full of thorns ?

Posted by on Jun. 19, 2013 at 2:45 PM
  • 45 Replies
1 mom liked this

No man wants to come home to that. Do you provide a safe place for your Husband and children to land ? A Wife is the one who sets the tone for her house. It won't matter how cute or pretty your d├ęcor is if your home atmosphere is painful to dwell in. ~Ruby Wives

God Loves You, And So, Do I !!!!!

by on Jun. 19, 2013 at 2:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
earthangel1967
by YVONNE on Jun. 19, 2013 at 2:53 PM

I take GREAT pride in doing this exceptionally well. I am as passionate about being a stay at home wife and using my time to bless both me and my husband as someone else might be about their calling or profession.

I like to make our home LOOK and smell inviting and welcoming and like a place Todd can feel positive to come home to that he deserves for all the hard work and sacrifice he does. Comfortable and beautiful and relaxing

I also like to make sure I look my personal best for him to come home to (he thinks Im beautiful au natural he tells me all the time but I know he really does love makeup and my hair curled so I enjoy doing it it makes me feel better too and I also enjoy it )

Me our cat and our bird all greet him excitedly and happily with lovies and kisses anytime he comes home and with great appreciation for all he does. I ask him about his day.

I love to shower him with lots of positive attention and we love to do alot of fun things together or just relax side by side.

I am very proud that he tells me frequently that anytime he is having a bad time at work he just takes a deep breath and reminds himself who and what he gets to go home to in so many hours and that comforts him and reenergizes him. He said he always feels excited to go home to me and wishes he could work from home (and is working on that happening at least someday) so he can be here with me more often. Omgosh I would LOVE that.

Our little home is our favorite place on earth : )

View Full Size Image YVONNE

(This is my husband Todd's Fatherhood Tattoo. It says Roots & Wings bc that's he gave them. The tree has each of our 5 kids initials engraved on it. Has 5 roots & 5 birds flying off on their own but that know that HE-the solid tree is always there for them)

littlemrsd
by Bronze Member on Jun. 19, 2013 at 3:22 PM

Our home is always a little messy... 

AJ-47
by on Jun. 19, 2013 at 3:27 PM
You really need to stop. Others don't need to live like you do, and the way others live isn't wrong just because it isn't the way you live.
Beautiful31mom
by on Jun. 19, 2013 at 3:33 PM
4 moms liked this

Quoting AJ-47:

You really need to stop. Others don't need to live like you do, and the way others live isn't wrong just because it isn't the way you live.

So I need to stop because you say so? Yeah I don't think so, I never once said anyone has to live the way I do, nor have I implied as much. You would not be so offended or put off  by what I post if it did not ring of some kind of truth. If you don't like my posts don't open them, plain and simple.

preacherskid
by Member on Jun. 19, 2013 at 3:41 PM

Don't have to be a SAHM to create a good atmosphere, nor does your home have to be spotless :)  I work ft, and the house is usually cluttered, but DH and I work together to create a positive atmosphere for our girls to feel, even when we are at odds we work to keep it positive in front of the children :)  Not contradicting you, everyone has their own methods of making a happy home and that is ours :)  I have been in unhappy homes to visit friends or family- it is always a relief to come home and take a deep breath.

Beautiful31mom
by on Jun. 19, 2013 at 3:42 PM
Mine too!

Quoting earthangel1967:

I take GREAT pride in doing this exceptionally well. I am as passionate about being a stay at home wife and using my time to bless both me and my husband as someone else might be about their calling or profession.

I like to make our home LOOK and smell inviting and welcoming and like a place Todd can feel positive to come home to that he deserves for all the hard work and sacrifice he does. Comfortable and beautiful and relaxing

I also like to make sure I look my personal best for him to come home to (he thinks Im beautiful au natural he tells me all the time but I know he really does love makeup and my hair curled so I enjoy doing it it makes me feel better too and I also enjoy it )

Me our cat and our bird all greet him excitedly and happily with lovies and kisses anytime he comes home and with great appreciation for all he does. I ask him about his day.

I love to shower him with lots of positive attention and we love to do alot of fun things together or just relax side by side.

I am very proud that he tells me frequently that anytime he is having a bad time at work he just takes a deep breath and reminds himself who and what he gets to go home to in so many hours and that comforts him and reenergizes him. He said he always feels excited to go home to me and wishes he could work from home (and is working on that happening at least someday) so he can be here with me more often. Omgosh I would LOVE that.

Beautiful31mom
by on Jun. 19, 2013 at 3:46 PM

Quoting preacherskid:

Don't have to be a SAHM to create a good atmosphere, nor does your home have to be spotless :)  I work ft, and the house is usually cluttered, but DH and I work together to create a positive atmosphere for our girls to feel, even when we are at odds we work to keep it positive in front of the children :)  Not contradicting you, everyone has their own methods of making a happy home and that is ours :)  I have been in unhappy homes to visit friends or family- it is always a relief to come home and take a deep breath.

I don't think that this pertains only to SAHM's. I think women set the tone for the house. My husband and I both react off one another. and that sets the tone for the house, I think I set the tone more than he does. If I make it a postitive place then that makes it all the better.

kattcooper
by Member on Jun. 19, 2013 at 3:48 PM
This sounds very similar to me and my husband! :)

Quoting earthangel1967:

shrinkingviolet
by on Jun. 19, 2013 at 3:48 PM
2 moms liked this

I agree that a messy house can sometimes cause a negative atmosphere. But I don't think the responsibility of keeping the mess at bay should lay only on the shoulders of the wife/woman. A woman who waits hand and foot on her husband/partner and children so that they don't have to do anything is only encouraging laziness. Everyone should take part in making the house a home and fostering a positive atmosphere.

Beautiful31mom
by on Jun. 19, 2013 at 3:52 PM

Quoting shrinkingviolet:

I agree that a messy house can sometimes cause a negative atmosphere. But I don't think the responsibility of keeping the mess at bay should lay only on the shoulders of the wife/woman. A woman who waits hand and foot on her husband/partner and children so that they don't have to do anything is only encouraging laziness. Everyone should take part in making the house a home and fostering a positive atmosphere.

It does not say that the woman is the only one that keeps the house. My husband and my sons clean up after themselves and the boys and my husband have chores to do.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)