Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

Natural Family Planning anyone?

Posted by on Jun. 20, 2013 at 3:22 PM
  • 98 Replies
I am looking into natural family planning and I was curious if anyone has/or is currently using this method? do you have any advice/tips on it?

We've been using the pullout method for a little over a year since our second child. I have an app to help me track my cycles and tells me approximately when I ovulate so we avoid those days.

With Natural family planning s/o finishes in you correct leaving room for pregnancy but you avoid the days you know your likely to get pregnant?

Do you take your temperature or just go off of ovulation charts?

Thanks for any help you can give me!
by on Jun. 20, 2013 at 3:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Zazayam
by on Jun. 20, 2013 at 4:25 PM

No advice, here's a bump :)

sillytime
by Bronze Member on Jun. 20, 2013 at 4:36 PM
Leave it in and do it often. It actually helps if you have an orgasm ;0) good luck and have fun trying!!
Amberleigh81
by Member on Jun. 20, 2013 at 4:38 PM
1 mom liked this
I think she wants to do NFP as birth control, not to aid conception... :)

Quoting sillytime:

Leave it in and do it often. It actually helps if you have an orgasm ;0) good luck and have fun trying!!
Amberleigh81
by Member on Jun. 20, 2013 at 4:38 PM
Try the Natural Childbirth and Parenting group... Many of those ladies practice NFP. I have an IUD, so no help from me! :)
coupon_ash_back
by on Jun. 20, 2013 at 4:52 PM
I have used it for 3 yrs and its been successful. I just kept track of ovulation
mama23brie
by on Jun. 20, 2013 at 4:56 PM
I wish. I'm not lucky enough for that method tho lol. Maybe when we're financially stable it'll be an option (just in case!) but for now i'm going with an implant.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
furbabymum
by Gold Member on Jun. 20, 2013 at 5:11 PM
2 moms liked this

We are using it rigth now. It's called the No Sex method. LOL

ballerina18
by Member on Jun. 20, 2013 at 6:34 PM

Yep. I've been doing NFP for about 6 years now. Basically, the idea is you don't have sex when you are likely to ovulate.

I take my temp (same time every morning), track my cycle on www.fertilityfriend.com, and I have ovulation strips too. I wouldn't be so diligent about it if we weren't hoping to have another child in the near future. I will want to know when I am ovulating when we DO decide to start TTC.

Good luck

emarin77
by Silver Member on Jun. 20, 2013 at 7:20 PM

There are good books out there to explain natural family planning.  I do know you have to take your temperature at certain times of the day.  You also have to check your cervical mucous everyday.

lovemymini
by Member on Jun. 20, 2013 at 7:24 PM

I have an app that tracks my ovulation, my period, temp, weight ect.  You can add the day you had sex too.. I have been at this for 5.5 years with no "accidents".  I have only one child. We don't use BC pills or condoms

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)