Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

Natural Family Planning anyone?

Posted by   + Show Post
I am looking into natural family planning and I was curious if anyone has/or is currently using this method? do you have any advice/tips on it?

We've been using the pullout method for a little over a year since our second child. I have an app to help me track my cycles and tells me approximately when I ovulate so we avoid those days.

With Natural family planning s/o finishes in you correct leaving room for pregnancy but you avoid the days you know your likely to get pregnant?

Do you take your temperature or just go off of ovulation charts?

Thanks for any help you can give me!
by on Jun. 20, 2013 at 3:22 PM
Replies (81-90):
AviannasMama
by Member on Jun. 24, 2013 at 8:30 PM
1 mom liked this
Here's a bump so I can read this all later. I'm thinking of trying NFP. So interested in reading the responses here.
Hottmomma607
by Trica on Jun. 24, 2013 at 11:51 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm confused! LOL
lifeforchrist
by on Jun. 25, 2013 at 12:12 AM

what you're doing is not anywhere near NFP and will end up with you pregnant. Buy taking charge of your fertility and join the NFP group.

sahm73
by on Jun. 25, 2013 at 12:54 AM

If the pull-out method worked there wouldn't be such a thing as teen pregnancy. If you're determined to stick with it, use an ovulation predictor for several months, you may be surprised of your actual ovulation dates. 

littlecheifsmom
by Bronze Member on Jun. 25, 2013 at 2:08 AM
Quoting furbabymum:

We are using it rigth now. It's called the No Sex method. LOL

Same here
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
ashbash1616
by on Jun. 25, 2013 at 7:08 AM
We want to use Natural Family Planning to prevent pregnancy for now. We want ti naturally space out our kids and this system we use now te POM and usin my app to track periods is not reliable, so we are going to try NFP. But thank you for the advice! :-)

Quoting NvmbrBean29:

DH and I are TTC and I have a colander on when I'm fertile and when I'm ovulating, but unfortunately for me those days are not always accurate, my period is different days every month. It's not a set wee in each month. For example my calendar said I was supposed to get my period this coming Sunday..I got it yesterday. But if you are planning to have a baby, you shouldn't be using the pullout method lol

ashbash1616
by on Jun. 25, 2013 at 7:12 AM
I know what we are currently doing is not NFP. And this is why I want to get more information on NFP and am currently waiting for a call back from mt church about finding a class I can attend. And I will join the NFP group thanks :-)

Quoting lifeforchrist:

what you're doing is not anywhere near NFP and will end up with you pregnant. Buy taking charge of your fertility and join the NFP group.

ashbash1616
by on Jun. 25, 2013 at 7:19 AM
If the POM is done carefully it can work for a decent amount of time ... Weve used it for a year - no babies, my parents used it for 13 yrs - no babies and my mom NEVER tracked ovulation.

I think teenage boys just dont know how to/ nor want to control their bodily functions. But yes I know POM is unreliable which is why I want to become educated in NFP so we can avoid and acheive pregnancy when wanted. :-)

Quoting sahm73:If the pull-out method worked there wouldn't be such a thing as teen pregnancy. If you're determined to stick with it, use an ovulation predictor for several months, you may be surprised of your actual ovulation dates. 
kris0921
by on Jun. 25, 2013 at 8:29 AM
On some of these you can put in the first day of your period, and it will change the days based on that.

Quoting NvmbrBean29:

DH and I are TTC and I have a colander on when I'm fertile and when I'm ovulating, but unfortunately for me those days are not always accurate, my period is different days every month. It's not a set wee in each month. For example my calendar said I was supposed to get my period this coming Sunday..I got it yesterday. But if you are planning to have a baby, you shouldn't be using the pullout method lol

lifeforchrist
by on Jun. 25, 2013 at 1:17 PM

natural family planning is about fertility awareness. So you are not trying to guess at ovulation. And it should be noted that you can get pregnant from sex five days before you ovulate. So you are not just looking to avoid ovulation. As soon as you have wrt mucus pregnancy is possible. That's why youbchart. At first you will have a lot of days you have to abstain or use other methods. But once you get an idea of your cycle those go down. I am using it now and have avoided pregnancy for 9 months so farm but you must follow the rules and no cheating

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)