Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

Natural Family Planning anyone?

Posted by   + Show Post
I am looking into natural family planning and I was curious if anyone has/or is currently using this method? do you have any advice/tips on it?

We've been using the pullout method for a little over a year since our second child. I have an app to help me track my cycles and tells me approximately when I ovulate so we avoid those days.

With Natural family planning s/o finishes in you correct leaving room for pregnancy but you avoid the days you know your likely to get pregnant?

Do you take your temperature or just go off of ovulation charts?

Thanks for any help you can give me!
by on Jun. 20, 2013 at 3:22 PM
Replies (91-98):
9anabanana
by on Sep. 30, 2014 at 7:25 PM

any update? hope all is well - have not been on here....best wishes....

FutureCooper118
by Member on Sep. 30, 2014 at 7:32 PM

I get it how it works and sounds good but there's still a % chance of pregnancy all throughout your cycle... so if you're really wanting to prevent I'd find a more stable option. If you'd be ok with the possibility of a surprise then I'd say it's the method for you.

FutureCooper118
by Member on Sep. 30, 2014 at 7:33 PM

Didn't realize this post was so old.

Liz132
by Member on Sep. 30, 2014 at 7:36 PM
We use the FAM method to track ovation. Taking charge on your fertility is a great book to help you learn how successfully use NFP for birth control. You don't have to avoid sex during fertile days you can use another birth control method those days if you want to have sex.
Katrayloxy
by Member on Sep. 30, 2014 at 8:01 PM
I use birth control, bump!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Ang-Mom-of-2
by New Member on Sep. 30, 2014 at 8:37 PM
I keep track of everything. the day i came on, the day i go off, my 28th day, and the day i should come on. I use the ovulation chart to be sure of my ovulation days. We use the pull out metho too so far so good.
FoodieBacon
by Member on Oct. 3, 2014 at 7:04 PM
I guess condoms are completely out of the question? I saw where hormonal bc was mentioned, but he won't have to pull out using condoms.
LadyBast
by Brenda on Oct. 4, 2014 at 12:15 PM

No help here sorry!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN