Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

Would this upset you if DH...

Posted by on Jun. 23, 2013 at 12:54 PM
  • 42 Replies
Yesterday we spent the WHOLE day together. Pretty much doing stuff he wanted to do. I had a great time but it was a long day and we left the dog almost too long.

So I told him I wanted to go home. He was fine about it. But he missed this rock band he wanted to see. Had I known he wanted to see this band I would have planned the timing of the day differently.

On the way home he said he may go back but wanted to rest up and see. No sooner were we in the house but he was on the computer checking the show time. One hour later he left. Didn't ask me, didn't double check if I wanted to go. Just walked out of the house in Saturday night at 7:30 and left me alone.

No I didn't want to go back. But the situation just bugs me. I wouldn't blow him off last minute.

What do you think?
by on Jun. 23, 2013 at 12:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
countrymum0710
by on Jun. 23, 2013 at 12:56 PM
3 moms liked this
If you didn't want to go back why make it a big deal? He told you beforehand he might go, he knew you wanted to go home. I think your letting it get to you.
Hottmomma607
by Trica on Jun. 23, 2013 at 1:05 PM
4 moms liked this
Oh geez!
See that's problem with us women, men are not mind readers! And this whole "It's the thought that counts" goes way over their heads! LOL
Say what you want, mean what you say!
frankiesma530
by Bronze Member on Jun. 23, 2013 at 1:06 PM
1 mom liked this

Seeing that you already told him you wanted to go home, I don't blame him.  I see where you're coming from though.

Wickedawesome88
by on Jun. 23, 2013 at 1:06 PM
1 mom liked this
I understand where your coming from I'd be pissed to
Anryan
by Platinum Member on Jun. 23, 2013 at 1:43 PM

Quoting Hottmomma607:

Oh geez!
See that's problem with us women, men are not mind readers! And this whole "It's the thought that counts" goes way over their heads! LOL

Anryan,

Wife to.....

David    and   Irish

jean_marie1987
by Member on Jun. 23, 2013 at 2:04 PM
While it is annoying that most men aren't mind-readers, you can't hold it against them.
OP, you did give subtle hints that you didn't want to go, maybe his minor mind-reading abilities just didn't see the point in asking... Men really don't like rejection.

Quoting Anryan:

Quoting Hottmomma607:

Oh geez!

lapcounter
by Gold Member on Jun. 23, 2013 at 2:07 PM

Quoting jean_marie1987:

While it is annoying that most men aren't mind-readers, you can't hold it against them.

OP, you did give subtle hints that you didn't want to go, maybe his minor mind-reading abilities just didn't see the point in asking... Men really don't like rejection.

Quoting Anryan:

Quoting Hottmomma607:

Oh geez!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
createive
by Bronze Member on Jun. 23, 2013 at 2:16 PM
Ok I admit I'm being a baby about it today. You are correct no one is a mind reader.

But he didn't even ask: do you mind? Or what are you going to do?

Believe me if I told him I didn't want him to go he wouldn't have been happy. Nor do I believe he would have switched gears easily.

I guess what adds insult to injury is all he talked about was his concert. He never asked how my night was or what I wound up doing.

And to top it off. I texted him last night and said "I can't believe you left me alone" all he said this morning was "I'm sorry you felt alone last night"

We all have priorities. Guess I just didn't feel like one.

Quoting Hottmomma607:

Oh geez!

Hottmomma607
by Trica on Jun. 23, 2013 at 2:42 PM
1 mom liked this

Awww I do understand how you feel! It's nice to be asked! But if he would have hammered you to go when you said you were tired,would've been upset? Just a thought!

simple smile

Quoting createive:

Ok I admit I'm being a baby about it today. You are correct no one is a mind reader.

But he didn't even ask: do you mind? Or what are you going to do?

Believe me if I told him I didn't want him to go he wouldn't have been happy. Nor do I believe he would have switched gears easily.

I guess what adds insult to injury is all he talked about was his concert. He never asked how my night was or what I wound up doing.

And to top it off. I texted him last night and said "I can't believe you left me alone" all he said this morning was "I'm sorry you felt alone last night"

We all have priorities. Guess I just didn't feel like one.

Quoting Hottmomma607:

Oh geez!

MagicTemptation
by Christina on Jun. 23, 2013 at 2:43 PM

Like another poster said, men are not mind readers. You did give hints you didn't want to go. But it was rude of him to just walk out and not say anything to you. No "bye hun, see you in a bit?"  I find that insulting. But we always say goodbye before one of us leaves even if it is to go to the store at the end of the road. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)