Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

Heal a marriage after problems with family

Posted by on Jun. 24, 2013 at 5:16 PM
  • 27 Replies

The title says it all. I am wanting to know how to heal a marriage after years of in law drama. My in laws have made my life & marriage hell. My husband has atleast for now has made things better by not talking to them much, but im still scared to get close to him again. I'm scared it ill go back to being horrible. Any advice or just ideas on how on how to heal myself or my marriage.

by on Jun. 24, 2013 at 5:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
littlemrsd
by Bronze Member on Jun. 24, 2013 at 9:20 PM

BUMP!

Rachael-Dawn
by on Jun. 24, 2013 at 9:22 PM
Marriage counseling
Lindalou907
by Silver Member on Jun. 24, 2013 at 9:28 PM
1 mom liked this

Yes, couples counseling. If he won't go, you go by yourself and learn how to deal with them, and trust him and put yourselves first.

Quoting Rachael-Dawn:

Marriage counseling

newlife2013
by on Jun. 24, 2013 at 10:15 PM
Agree, counseling will help you understand their behavior and provide you with tools to diffuse future problems. Unfortunately I never clicked with the x in-laws, we had different ethics.
Hottmomma607
by Trica on Jun. 24, 2013 at 11:48 PM
Family/counseling
I don't have any advice! I'm sorry! Good luck!
jmlmomma
by Bronze Member on Jun. 25, 2013 at 7:43 AM
1 mom liked this

I would think you and husband need to become a team, not letting anyone come between you.. HE needs to set boundaries and enforce them. How long have you been married? Is not hopeless, it's just going to take both of you working as a team.

littlemrsd
by Bronze Member on Jun. 25, 2013 at 10:34 AM

We have been married almost 2 years, been together for 3. 

Quoting jmlmomma:

I would think you and husband need to become a team, not letting anyone come between you.. HE needs to set boundaries and enforce them. How long have you been married? Is not hopeless, it's just going to take both of you working as a team.

furbabymum
by on Jun. 25, 2013 at 10:36 AM

I agree with the counseling. It has been a real help dealing with family issues in my marriage.

Otherwise firm boundaries are all that you can do. Your DH has to be on your side or it won't work out. There is a great book called "Boundaries". Check that out, it's big but useful.

littlemrsd
by Bronze Member on Jun. 25, 2013 at 10:36 AM

I don't see how counseling is in the budget. 

furbabymum
by on Jun. 25, 2013 at 10:44 AM

It's a priority thing really. Do I like that we just send a $300 check to just 1 of our counselors (we have 4), no. But it's worth the money to make my marriage successful. If you really want to make it you'll find the money. That's my opinion.

Quoting littlemrsd:

I don't see how counseling is in the budget. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN