Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

Is he a mama's boy?

Posted by on Jun. 28, 2013 at 12:32 PM
  • 31 Replies

My mil is deceased but he when she was alive he'd call her every Friday and we'd visit whenever we could (they lived 4hrs away), but my sister's husband? OMG. He is at his mom's house every.single.day. Plus he's always fixing things over there for her when things at his own house are falling apart and being neglected. His dad's still living and physically able to do just as much so my sister's really irritated that her husband is always over there.

Is your SO a mama's boy? To what extent?

by on Jun. 28, 2013 at 12:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Rain2Rinse
by on Jun. 28, 2013 at 12:34 PM
Yes. He is her favorite child. Try tall on the phone multiple times a week. We do dinner with her multiple times a week. He is always helping her with something. We all have a wonderful relationship, though. I don't mind at all.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
1st_time_mom789
by on Jun. 28, 2013 at 12:35 PM

He is but nothing like your BIL. We talk to my MIL everyday and see her between 2 and 4 times a week depending on the week. 

IQuitCounting
by Bronze Member on Jun. 28, 2013 at 12:36 PM

No, not a bit.  We spend a lot of time with our in-laws because they're close by and we both genuinely like them, but my husband is not a mama's boy.

shorty13417
by Bronze Member on Jun. 28, 2013 at 1:44 PM

nope... my Dh isn't a 'momma's boy' at all... actually, he can't stand his bio-mom!

Looking4Truth
by on Jun. 28, 2013 at 2:53 PM

My ex was and still is a Momma's boy and that's the main reason he's my ex now. Everything was always about her - what she wanted, how she wanted it done, when she wanted it etc. etc. My former MIL's opinion regarding our marriage and every decision we made and even regarding me personally was the only thing that mattered to my ex, and she ALWAYS found things to criticize me about every single day!!  What hurt me the most is that my ex never stood up for me when it came to his mother, even when he knew she was 100% wrong about me.  Our marriage and our kids always came second to his mom.  My ex was 6' tall and weighed about 240 lbs., and yet every time we had to go to his mom's house, she would look at me and say, "You aren't doing a very good job of feeding my Tommy love, are you!"  SAY WHAT?  The man was huge!!  He didn't need any more feeding!!  Besides, hearing her call him her "love" made me want to hurl right then and there.  It got so bad I finally decided to file for divorce. Thankfully I don't have this same issue with my now husband.  His mom passed long before I met him, although learning what I have about her since we married, I wish she was still here.  She is one MIL I would have loved to have a relationship with.  As far as your sister goes, I feel bad for her.  She is definitely married to a Momma's Boy, and those men never change!

Krysden
by Platinum Member on Jun. 28, 2013 at 4:36 PM

nope

Babygirl9609
by on Jun. 28, 2013 at 5:44 PM
Supposely he was. But nah he isn't. He want seen his mom in a while cuz well she's a bitch. Last time she "came to see him" she just came to bitch at him cuz he had lost his job and that day he also came home from the hospital for a bad liver. Stupid lady. She NEVER comes to just see how he is or how is her grandson. All she does is talk shit to him and make him feel bad. So I honestly feel better that she doesn't come around. Me and df are trying to be good people now and we started going to church and getting close to God. He has changed a lot and stopped drinking. He's been sober for almost 3 months now and he's doing good. She doesn't see that though. She always calls him out on the bad things that happen to him. But slowly he is getting back on his feet and he has two jobs now. I am glad he is not a mamasboy.
AlannaMaria
by on Jun. 28, 2013 at 7:17 PM
No
gonecrazi
by on Jun. 28, 2013 at 7:40 PM

Nope...

anon1986East
by on Jun. 28, 2013 at 10:15 PM

No, not really. Of course he loves his mom, respects her and helps her out when she asks but he's no closer to his mom than he is with his dad. We spend quite a bit of time over there but they live only a few miles away and I also adore my in laws so I really don't mind going there for lunch or just to hang out several times a week.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN