Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

mil said...smh

Posted by on Jul. 1, 2013 at 9:05 AM
  • 26 Replies
I love my mil but she is a bit controlling. I just had a newborn and i have a toddler as well. She asked how she could help me. Im a proud sahm. My husband works 3am to 4pm most of the week. Sometimes he gets off early. I said watching one of my sons for an hour or two while i clean or sleep would help a bunch. She helped with washing clothes. Im blessed for that. But hasnt watched either every. So she sends her granddaughter to my house this mourning. And her granddaughter tells me. ............... GRANDMA SAID TO. WRITE A LETTER SAYING YOU WILL PAY ME 50 DOLLARS EVERY TWO WEEKS SO I CAN WATCH JESSE (my oldest son). I was so confused. Im like wtf. I told her i would talk to grandma first. What should my response without going off. Im like is that not a decision for me and my husband to make regarding who is going to watch my son. Or am i overracitn. But i feel like she is stepping on my toes. Sorry for any typos. Im upset and on my touch screen cell phone
by on Jul. 1, 2013 at 9:05 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
CharmMom1216
by Member on Jul. 1, 2013 at 9:07 AM
Bump
lillybug222
by Silver Member on Jul. 1, 2013 at 9:08 AM
I'd just say you're not going to do it. Ridiculous.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
xoxRachelxox
by on Jul. 1, 2013 at 9:10 AM

So she offered her granddaughter to watch your child for $50 every two weeks without talking to you first? You thought SHE was going to watch your child for you, right?

CharmMom1216
by Member on Jul. 1, 2013 at 9:11 AM
Bump
IamMex11
by on Jul. 1, 2013 at 9:14 AM
4 moms liked this

wow. how did mil get that confused? you ask if she can help with the toddler so you can clean up and she hires one of her grandchildren to help? at a cost? breath and count to ten, then thank her anyways. No I won't be needing your help and let it go.

CharmMom1216
by Member on Jul. 1, 2013 at 9:15 AM
Right. She never discuss anything about. Her grandaughter coming over or paying her. I was answer my mil question. She wanted help me since had a newborn. And i told her come over play with one of the boys so i can take care of a errand. I dont need a everyday babysitter. I was under impression she would my mil would watch one or both of my sons at my house. Like come over and visit. Not everyday. But maybe once a week.

Quoting xoxRachelxox:

So she offered her granddaughter to watch your child for $50 every two weeks without talking to you first? You thought SHE was going to watch your child for you, right?

mom2acutiepie
by Member on Jul. 1, 2013 at 9:17 AM
I agree. I also think it's really shitty of your MIL to spend your and your DH money. I think your DH may want to talk to her about that.

Quoting IamMex11:

wow. how did mil get that confused? you ask if she can help with the toddler so you can clean up and she hires one of her grandchildren to help? at a cost? breath and count to ten, then thank her anyways. No I won't be needing your help and let it go.

xoxRachelxox
by on Jul. 1, 2013 at 9:18 AM

Then I would just flat out tell her that you thought SHE was offering to sit with her grandchildren and not offering to have someone else come over and be paid to watch them. 

I would never charge family for watching the kids for an hour to give them a break. 

You are not overreacting. 

Quoting CharmMom1216:

Right. She never discuss anything about. Her grandaughter coming over or paying her. I was answer my mil question. She wanted help me since had a newborn. And i told her come over play with one of the boys so i can take care of a errand. I dont need a everyday babysitter. I was under impression she would my mil would watch one or both of my sons at my house. Like come over and visit. Not everyday. But maybe once a week.

Quoting xoxRachelxox:

MrsWhite101610
by on Jul. 1, 2013 at 9:19 AM
1 mom liked this
How old is the granddaughter? Are you supposed to pay her? I would just save the cleaning for when dh gets home if you can't do it while he's at work. Let him play with the kids for an hour or so why you do whatever.
mamapotts00
by on Jul. 1, 2013 at 9:22 AM
Not cool with me. That's not her decision.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)