Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

" I Do"

Posted by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 12:29 AM
  • 31 Replies
When you said the magical words I do; were you nervous, anxious or did you cry? What was your feeling that very moment?
by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 12:29 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
polkaspots
by Bronze Member on Jul. 2, 2013 at 12:31 AM
2 moms liked this
I was hungry.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ladybugchar
by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 12:34 AM
1 mom liked this
I said it before I was suppose to. I was super excited that it was finally here.
Amberleigh81
by Member on Jul. 2, 2013 at 6:23 AM
1 mom liked this
We didn't say "I do". We said "I will". It means that we WILL love, honor and cherish each other going forward... It's a future action statement. I loved how our preacher explained it...

As for the moment, all I could think was "don't cry, don't cry, don't cry..." I didn't want to do the ugly-cry in front of 200 people!!!

We celebrate our 10 year anniversary next week!
BonitaM
by Platinum Member on Jul. 2, 2013 at 8:32 AM
1 mom liked this

I was very excited but also nervous.  I kept thinking OMG this is for real! lol

Greenenvy
by Member on Jul. 2, 2013 at 8:36 AM

I just remember wanting it done and over with, no feeling or emotion at all really. But, we didn't get married for the right reasons and are now divorced. However, the day I say I do or I will to the man i'm with now and going to marry for the right reasons I can almost 100% say i'll probably be crying my eyes out like a little child.

Mommabearbergh
by Bronze Member on Jul. 2, 2013 at 8:39 AM
I was super happy among a few other emotions but my happiness was shown in our kiss
2lilmamas
by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 10:40 AM
1 mom liked this
Quoting Amberleigh81:

We didn't say "I do". We said "I will". It means that we WILL love, honor and cherish each other going forward... It's a future action statement. I loved how our preacher explained it...

As for the moment, all I could think was "don't cry, don't cry, don't cry..." I didn't want to do the ugly-cry in front of 200 people!!!

We celebrate our 10 year anniversary next week!

Awesome congrats
earthangel1967
by YVONNE on Jul. 2, 2013 at 10:56 AM
1 mom liked this

1. On my first wedding when I was 18, I cried and everyone thought it was bc I was so in love but it wasn't it was because I was sad bc I knew I was marrying someone who loved me but that I wasnt in love with bc I believed I was broken and would never be in love with anyone again so settling on this situation was the best I would ever do.

2. On my wedding day to Todd in 2005 in my 30s we both agreed neither of us were nervous even a tiny bit, we were both super excited and we didn't say "I do" exactly bc we said our own vows but we both got teary when we said them bc we were so happy and in love and we both felt soooo confident this was truly our happily ever after and that we are soulmates which neihter of us believed in at all until we met eachother.

YVONNE

AnGLInterrupted
by Kendall on Jul. 2, 2013 at 11:32 AM
1 mom liked this

I wasn't nervous or anxious at all.  When I said those two little words, it's like everything that I was feeling..  the anxiety, the nerves, just everything over the past few months washed away and I felt 100% calm.  It was just me and him at that point.  I was home.

shorty13417
by Bronze Member on Jul. 2, 2013 at 1:48 PM

i just remember wanting to get it over so i could get out of that dress i was wearing... i'm a jeans and tshirt kinda gal but for that day i wore a dress which i DIDN'T like at all!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)