Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

Do you still get butterflies?

Posted by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 1:30 PM
  • 61 Replies
3 moms liked this

Last night, my husband of nearly 14yrs came in after having to stay late doing mandatory inventory at work and he was visibly exhausted. He emptied his pocket on his table like he always does and turned to look at me, all exhaustion washing away as he smiled and said, "Hi, baby." The way he smiled, the way he looked at me, the way he sounded when he spoke, all gave me butterflies again.

Does your SO still give you butterflies, too?

by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 1:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
furbabymum
by Gold Member on Jul. 2, 2013 at 1:35 PM
4 moms liked this

Sadly I'm such an easy woman he just has to take off his pants and I'm full of butterflies. LOL

shorty13417
by Bronze Member on Jul. 2, 2013 at 1:37 PM

nope... he hasn't in a long time.  :=/

lilbit53009
by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 1:38 PM

yes...after 9 years my husband still gives me butterflies. i just went home on my lunch break to have lunch with him (he's a teacher and has summers off lucky him) and i miss him already like i used to when i'd leave him when we first started dating.

deputygirls28
by Member on Jul. 2, 2013 at 1:39 PM
Yup, everyday. He's a great man, friend, and dad. Whenever he gets home from work or a call I get them.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lapcounter
by Gold Member on Jul. 2, 2013 at 1:39 PM
Yes he does :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AnGLInterrupted
by Kendall on Jul. 2, 2013 at 1:43 PM

Oh yea he does.  :)  Every single day.  Even when I'm angry at him.  LOL

Metteba
by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 1:50 PM

Not like he used to.  When we see each other like at the store we say "Hey" or if we happen to meet across from each other at the stoplight we just look at each other for a second and wait for the green light. LOL. There was a time when we would see one another at the stoplight and honk at each other smile around hella big...but not anymore.

Holly-Kathleen
by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 1:55 PM

YES :)

earthangel1967
by YVONNE on Jul. 2, 2013 at 1:58 PM
1 mom liked this

Omgosh  do I ever! Todd said he does too. Even now 10 yrs later they are just as strong as on our first date when our chemistry was so thick in the air you could cut it with a knife.

We both still get butterflies every single day.

He gives me a lump in my throat  and makes me feel flustered and takes my breath away!

I am in total awe of him!

YVONNE

gonecrazi
by on Jul. 2, 2013 at 2:00 PM

Yes, everytime he calls me.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)