Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

Are you and your SO really partners?

Posted by on Jul. 3, 2013 at 11:13 AM
  • 55 Replies

Do you and your SO share in everything? From finances to chores to childcare, etc., do you split your roles fairly so you're both handling a pretty equal amount of stuff, or do you shoulder most of the burden for everything?

by on Jul. 3, 2013 at 11:13 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AJ-47
by on Jul. 3, 2013 at 11:17 AM
My husband and I are partners; we're a team.
AutymsMommy
by Member on Jul. 3, 2013 at 11:19 AM
2 moms liked this

I'm not aware of any successful force that has two captains/leaders. Doing so will often lead to a power struggle at some point.

He's the president, I'm the VP :)

We ARE a team - he just happens to be the captain (who wouldn't be successful without his right hand man/woman, lol).

So no, I would never claim that we share ALL responsibilities equally.

I am a Home Schooling, Vaccinating, Non spanking, Nightmare Cuddling, Dessert Giving, Bedtime Kissing, Book Reading, Stay at Home Mom. I believe in the benefit of organized after school activities and nosy, involved parents. I believe in spoiling my children. I believe that I have seen the village and I do not want it anywhere near my children. Now for the controversial stuff: we have traditional gender roles, we're Catholic, I'm Libertarian, he's Republican, we're both conservative, and we own guns (now there's no need to ask, lol).             Aimee

just_hc
by Member on Jul. 3, 2013 at 11:19 AM
1 mom liked this

We are totally partners.  We may not split everything 50/50 but where one takes on more in one area the other picks up the slack in others.   

MrsLondon
by Bronze Member on Jul. 3, 2013 at 11:19 AM

We are partners in everything. He's so great with helping me where I need help. I'm expecting right now so he's picking up the slack with our 3 yr old. He's really awesome!! I don't think I could have picked a better spouse to be my partner.

RheaF
by Silver Member on Jul. 3, 2013 at 11:22 AM

DH handles the money, however, I have full access. He is the HOH(we believe in the Biblical model for marriage). In saying that, I am not a doormat, or any other nasty term people like to slap onto that,lol.  I am a SAHM, we homeschool, I do most of the cooking and cleaning, DH will step in and help if I need him to, without me having to ask or "nag" him about it. That's just the way he is. He is very involved with our children, so I would say we share in that one.

kjfamily
by Bronze Member on Jul. 3, 2013 at 11:48 AM
We are a team . We both have different responsibilities and skills that we use to better our family; most decisions are made with both our input and agreement.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
frugal.mom
by on Jul. 3, 2013 at 11:52 AM
Yes! We each had independant roles and team roles.

kidlover2
by on Jul. 3, 2013 at 11:55 AM
This. Except I equate it to him driving the vehicle and I'm holding the map. The idea is a bit antiquated with all the new Garmins, Tom Toms, and other gadgets.

Quoting AutymsMommy:

I'm not aware of any successful force that has two captains/leaders. Doing so will often lead to a power struggle at some point.

He's the president, I'm the VP :)

We ARE a team - he just happens to be the captain (who wouldn't be successful without his right hand man/woman, lol).

So no, I would never claim that we share ALL responsibilities equally.

1squishysmom
by Bronze Member on Jul. 3, 2013 at 12:02 PM

yep, for the past 22 years

roseblossom90
by on Jul. 3, 2013 at 1:02 PM

We work together yet separately to make everything work. He works outside the home, bringing in the paychecks and therefore supporting us. I help  in that to the extent of maybe packing his lunch if I am not up all night with the children. I take care of the children and bills. He helps in that with sometimes changing a diaper or holding one if she cries. Both of us cook. He works on the outside of the house and the maintenance, I work on the inside with cleaning, laundry, stuff like that. And every once in a while we wil help each other if the need arises.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)