Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

9 Sexy Polishes for a Pedicure That Will Show Off Your Tan

Posted by on Jul. 4, 2013 at 9:00 AM
  • 21 Replies

9 Sexy Polishes for a Pedicure That Will Show Off Your Tan

by April Daniels Hussar

pedicureSummer is the season of the pedicure, when our toes break free of boots and socks and wiggly sexily on beach towels, flip flops, and in our strappy little sandals. Three cheers for summer! So, what's the best color to show off your newly (and safely, I hope!) sun-kissed legs? Your choices are many, but there are some shades that will really stand out, and look ultra-pretty on your toes this summer.

"Too Yacht to Handle"

Maybe I love nail polish so much because I love good puns. China Glaze "Too Yacht to Handle" is a brilliant, perfect aqua that will look SO GOOD with your tan, you hawt mama. ($3.25 at BuyNails.com)

"Gloria"

This tropical, coral rose creme polish by Julep is such a classic color for summer and will look GORGEOUS with sunkissed legs! ($14 at Sephora)

"Gloria"

"Pinkini"

I'm a big fan of Clinique 'A Different Nail Enamel for Sensitive Skin' Nail Color, and this classic pink will look girly and gorgeous on your piggies. ($16 at Nordstrom)

"Pinkini"

"Attraction"

Aside from the fact that there's just something automatically sexy about putting Chanel on your toes, this limited edition Chanel Le Vernis is, in two words: WHITE. HOT. ($27 at Nordstrom.com)

"Attraction"

"Clametal"

Metallics look divine in the summer. Even the bottle of this liquid metal "Clametal" Paint Pot is saucy! ($15 at Nordstrom.com)

"Clametal"

"Leading Lady"

Part of Essie's gorgeous summer 2013 collection, this vampy red "Leading Lady" polish has a glitzy glimmer to it. Perfect for high heel sandals and drinks al fresco. ($8 at Essie.com)

"Leading Lady"

"Cheeky Chops"

Yellow can be a hard color to pull off, but this buttery "Cheeky Chops" nail lacquer from Butter London will put some sexy sunshine on your toes. ($15 at ButterLondon.com)

"Cheeky Chops"

"High Strung"

Neon rocks during the summer, and this electric cantelope neon shade by Sephora X: The Electrics is smokin'. ($9.50 at Sephora)

"High Strung"

Mettalic Pink

This Klean Color metallic pink might take you back to your high school days. And that's a good thing. ($2.50 at SalonSupplyStore.com)

Mettalic Pink

What color are your toe nails right now?

by on Jul. 4, 2013 at 9:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Cafe Steph
by Head Admin on Jul. 4, 2013 at 9:02 AM

Mine are red, silver, and blue, all glittery, lol.

Pixyduster28
by on Jul. 4, 2013 at 10:28 AM

Mine are O.P.I. Quarter of a Cent-cherry...a nice deep red.

Raeann11
by Silver Member on Jul. 4, 2013 at 12:12 PM

I have kind of like the last one on right know. I just had blue on a day ago.

NDADanceMom
by on Jul. 4, 2013 at 12:22 PM
Mine are a color change gel. When I'm hot they are pale pink, when I'm cold they are dark purple.
earthangel1967
Happy Sept! I changed my siggy & profile for Sept. This month I'll be spending time in Love & Marriage & Frugalistas & Everyday Family Ideas groups. See you there! :D
Today at 1:35 AM
by YVONNE on Jul. 4, 2013 at 1:56 PM

Today for the 4th of july my fingernails and toenails are red.

Normally though most often I wear my favorite nailpolish on my fingernails and toenails which is Essie mirror metallics Penny Talk. It goes with everything and I get a lot of compliments on it. Pictured...

PS I never ever have a tan, I am very pale, ( I always use to say like a corpse but Todd says No, like a porcelain  doll awww)

YVONNE

pittymama
by Silver Member on Jul. 4, 2013 at 1:58 PM

loooove pinkini.

Country_Momma89
by on Jul. 4, 2013 at 1:59 PM
Mine are turquoise.
unsuspected
by Gold Member on Jul. 4, 2013 at 5:44 PM

The pink is Cute as Button and the tealish one is Mint Candy Apple.  My toes are pink with the light teal polka dots.  

unsuspected
by Gold Member on Jul. 4, 2013 at 5:45 PM

I refer to myself as "day glow white".  

Quoting earthangel1967:

Today for the 4th of july my fingernails and toenails are red.

Normally though most often I wear my favorite nailpolish on my fingernails and toenails which is Essie mirror metallics Penny Talk. It goes with everything and I get a lot of compliments on it. Pictured...

PS I never ever have a tan, I am very pale, ( I always use to say like a corpse but Todd says No, like a porcelain  doll awww)

“He’s not perfect. You aren’t either, and the two of you will never be perfect. But if he can make you laugh at least once, causes you to think twice, and if he admits to being human and making mistakes, hold onto him and give him the most you can. He isn’t going to quote poetry, he’s not thinking about you every moment, but he will give you a part of him that he knows you could break. Don’t hurt him, don’t change him, and don’t expect for more than he can give. Don’t analyze. Smile when he makes you happy, yell when he makes you mad, and miss him when he’s not there. Love hard when there is love to be had. Because perfect guys don’t exist, but there’s always one guy that is perfect for you.” ~Bob Marley
WildPowerMom
by Member on Jul. 4, 2013 at 5:50 PM

Blue

Hahahaha, I don't tan.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)