Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

So excited I just have to share where I know I won't be hurt!

Posted by on Jul. 4, 2013 at 3:30 PM
  • 36 Replies
1 mom liked this
Ok so very short backstory. I come from an extremely sheltered life where having something considered to be "sexy" or even things like lace was not even allowed to look at let alone have. I'm getting married in November so I really don't want my wardrobe of conservative clothes to be all I had. I actually found and bought an extremely cute bra/thong set! Ones a thong and ones a thing with a small skirt built in. I absolutely love them and need to share with someone who won't get mad and shame me for it. Sad thing is as soon as I got home I had to hide them ): anyways I'm excited!
by on Jul. 4, 2013 at 3:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
unsuspected
by Gold Member on Jul. 4, 2013 at 3:40 PM
How did you become a mom if you're still so sheltered and shamed for something sexy and not yet married? Obviously, people are moms without being married all the time, but the juxtaposition here begs the question.
ReadWriteLuv
by Casey on Jul. 4, 2013 at 4:11 PM

She's just a kid. A kid with a kid. 

Quoting unsuspected:

How did you become a mom if you're still so sheltered and shamed for something sexy and not yet married? Obviously, people are moms without being married all the time, but the juxtaposition here begs the question.

Kaylahk
by Member on Jul. 4, 2013 at 5:02 PM
I am not a child and will not be treated that way. I was never allowed to own or wear such things. This does not mean I can't have a kid and I obviously did. I have to listen to my mistake every day from my family I really don't need to hear how I'm such a screw up here too. I'm not trying to be rude or start a fight I just wish comments like this would stay unsaid because of how much that hurts to hear. I am not a child and have worked extremely hard to become this on my own so far which hearing this makes it sound like its for nothing.

Quoting ReadWriteLuv:

Quoting unsuspected:

MagicTemptation
by Christina on Jul. 4, 2013 at 5:04 PM
1 mom liked this

Yay!!

You are a mom, about to get married, why do you have to hide them? Are you still living at home and it's your parents that will be mad? 

Kaylahk
by Member on Jul. 4, 2013 at 5:06 PM
Yes I understand this is backwards and trust me my parents let me know everyday how backwards I've screwed my life up. I am shamed for what I have done and I don't get approval for any of my decisions even though I will not be here as a dependent for much longer and do not rely on my family. I guess I was just saying that I've never owned anything like this and it made me feel excited as like a symbol of how close I am to getting out of my household.

Quoting unsuspected:

Kaylahk
by Member on Jul. 4, 2013 at 5:07 PM
Yes and my parents do not approve of such things no matter my situation. I wish I was not with them but its only a couple more months

Quoting MagicTemptation:

Yay!!

You are a mom, about to get married, why do you have to hide them? Are you still living at home and it's your parents that will be mad? 

ReadWriteLuv
by Casey on Jul. 4, 2013 at 5:17 PM
3 moms liked this
You are a kid with a kid. It's not meant to be hurtful or ugly, it's just the way it is. It's your life, you have to live it, it doesn't make any difference to me, but it's the truth.

Quoting Kaylahk:

I am not a child and will not be treated that way. I was never allowed to own or wear such things. This does not mean I can't have a kid and I obviously did. I have to listen to my mistake every day from my family I really don't need to hear how I'm such a screw up here too. I'm not trying to be rude or start a fight I just wish comments like this would stay unsaid because of how much that hurts to hear. I am not a child and have worked extremely hard to become this on my own so far which hearing this makes it sound like its for nothing.

Quoting ReadWriteLuv:

Quoting unsuspected:

koley05
by on Jul. 4, 2013 at 5:24 PM
Post a pic, and congrats
Kaylahk
by Member on Jul. 4, 2013 at 5:25 PM
I understand I am young and nobody seems to trust 18 year olds ever anymore. I am truly sorry I assumed you were being ugly about it. Just that saying really hurts because my parents use it in a way of saying I've screwed everything up. I have a job and will have my bachelors in about 2 years and I take care of my child as long as I'm not away at work or school. I do honestly understand that I am young but I am responsible and providing which is what that saying says I'm not when my parents say it. I am truly sorry again if I offended you or put you on the defensive

Quoting ReadWriteLuv:

You are a kid with a kid. It's not meant to be hurtful or ugly, it's just the way it is. It's your life, you have to live it, it doesn't make any difference to me, but it's the truth.

Quoting Kaylahk:

Quoting ReadWriteLuv:

Quoting unsuspected:

anotherandree
by Silver Member on Jul. 4, 2013 at 5:25 PM

You're right, it's only for a couple of more months!  Congrats on your new purchase! And... YOU GO GIRL!

Quoting Kaylahk:

Yes and my parents do not approve of such things no matter my situation. I wish I was not with them but its only a couple more months

Quoting MagicTemptation:

Yay!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN