Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

I'm too outgoing/friendly at work

Posted by   + Show Post
My fiancé and I work & live together, been together for 4 years this year. We love each other very much. When we are at work we cross paths from time to time and occasionally are posted together doing the same job. We work in a prison. On the way home we'll talk about our day and once home we try to leave work in the car unless there was a big issue involving one of us then the conversation may continue into the house, it's just us - no kids. Typically once we're home we get out of the uniforms, discuss the next days lunch and relax and unwind. He'll tend to the fish, check FB, emails etc. I'll check missed texts, play a short online game while on the potty. If he's still busy I'll start watching a recorded tv show. He's in one room, I'm in another. Once done we'll watch TV together. I'm comfortable, no worries but he see's it as a problem. Here's the dilemma, at work the gossip mill runs fast and & furious. There is superior that most don't like but he and I are seen talking often, no matter where we are. Sometimes the conversation is short, sometimes it's long and people have started saying that he's after me or he's had me. Of course some of the males have told my husband (fiancé) the man's past rep and now my husband swears I'm making him look like a fool and I don't see that this man is after me. The man has NEVER made a pass or anything like that and if he did I wouldn't continue to talk to him but I can't seem to convince my other half it's all innocent. At my husband's request I've explained to the man the position our friendship has put my relationship in and he keeps his distance as not to cause problems. My husband spoke to him too. But 4 days after we had a near breakup I find myself in the hotseat again because I had to call & report some information to the man and while doing so I told him a funny work related situation, I was myself - laughing as I relayed the event while my husband was sitting with the man. Now my husband is mad as hell all over again saying it's me opening doors for the guy to start coming around again.... SMDH, what do I do to assure my husband it's NOTHING? I've always been outgoing and I treat that man like I treat all of the males /females but my husband doesn't see it..... SMDH
by on Jul. 5, 2013 at 5:14 AM
Replies (11-11):
Sunshine257
by on Jul. 30, 2013 at 4:44 AM
He is insecure. It isn't you and he needs to grow up. Saying you are making him a fool. You already explained your stance if he doesn't believe you, and you are innocent then it is on him. This is a issue he has to deal with. The man being a supervisor you can't avoid him. For him to ask you to is ridiculous.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)