Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

Who's right and who's wrong

Posted by on Jul. 6, 2013 at 3:21 AM
  • 6 Replies

Poll

Question: Who's right

Options:

Girl

Boy

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 6

View Results

Visiting boyfriends family with our son for the weekend. First night he has his buddies over for a campfire. After 12:30 I go in to go to bed. He says he'll be in shortly. 40 minutes later our 2 month old wakes me up and I look for my bf. he's gone. Went out to the bar with his friends. No note, didn't say by, nothing. Im pissed and he thinks I'm crazy for being upset and it's no big deal. Just looking at this incident alone I need to know who's right. Please be honest.
by on Jul. 6, 2013 at 3:21 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
HIJKLM
by Bronze Member on Jul. 6, 2013 at 3:24 AM
I'm not sure there's a right or wrong here. I see why you're upset but I see why he thinks its nothing. I think it's worth letting go this time as long as you can agree on how to handle it in the future
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
polkaspots
by Bronze Member on Jul. 6, 2013 at 3:30 AM
He's not your husband, he doesn't have to report to you before he leaves. I think it was rude and inconsiderate, especially since that means he didn't say goodbye to the baby, but he's not wrong.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Lizzy0022
by on Jul. 6, 2013 at 3:42 AM
Thanks for the replies. This isn't the first time this has happens. There have been several other times where he just goes off or makes other plans with his friends and doesn't bother letting me know. We've talked about it and each time he says he understands but then it happens again. I'm just trying to figure out if I'm crazy or if this relationship just isn't going to work. I don't want to force him to change but I don't think i can be with someone who does these sorts of things. Again thank you for your replies. They help a lot in thinking this threw and trying to figure out where to go from here.
villagemamma
by on Jul. 6, 2013 at 3:42 AM

this

Quoting HIJKLM:

I'm not sure there's a right or wrong here. I see why you're upset but I see why he thinks its nothing. I think it's worth letting go this time as long as you can agree on how to handle it in the future

CafeMom Tickers
earthangel1967
by YVONNE on Jul. 6, 2013 at 10:03 AM
1 mom liked this

I honestly don't believe there was a "right or wrong" here. I can understand why you weren't happy and unhappily surprised when you woke up and had gone to the bar and yes he should have at least left a note, but I think he was probably caught up in the moment and figured it was so late at  night that everyone was asleep and wouldnt miss him and that you would probably be sleeping and not need a note since he planned to be back before you woke anyway..

I would not overreact, I would just talk to him and Together chalk it up  to life lesson learned for it to go better in that situation in future, how it SHOULD be handled and to please leave a note out of courtesy just in case.

YVONNE

kidlover2
by on Jul. 6, 2013 at 10:07 AM
This. I would have been upset and explained to him why I would appreciate at least a note next time. If he continues to do this without changing.... I would seek counseling or another outside source. Unlike another commenter, I think if you have a child together, you are as good as married and need to try your hardest to make the relationship work.

Quoting HIJKLM:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN