Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

Omgg!! What should i do !?!

Posted by on Jul. 8, 2013 at 12:20 PM
  • 24 Replies

For school ... Either 

an accounting degree 

radiation therapy

occupational therapy

dental hygientist

thanks ladies!!! 

Need to sign up by sept!!

by on Jul. 8, 2013 at 12:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
alexsmomaubrys2
by Silver Member on Jul. 8, 2013 at 12:23 PM
1 mom liked this

The medical field is always a good choice.

Dewinter
by Member on Jul. 8, 2013 at 12:23 PM
That depends on were your interest is. you need to figure out which one you can be happy doing. Personally I would do exray tech , but that's me.
JoleneMcKenzie
by on Jul. 8, 2013 at 12:24 PM

Accounting Degree will give you more options. 

Em84
by on Jul. 8, 2013 at 12:26 PM

Well. I have a degree in accounting and it's a good degree to have, you just need a masters degree and at minimum a bachelors to get a decent job. Not sure about the other three.

Dewinter
by Member on Jul. 8, 2013 at 12:26 PM

My bad I misread . Out of that list I would personally do radiation therapy.

AnGLInterrupted
by Kendall on Jul. 8, 2013 at 12:54 PM

Do what will make you HAPPY.  There is no point (IMO) of choosing a career where you will be miserable just because you can make a little more money.  Being happy with your job is worth its weight in gold because you're there for 8+ hours a day.

CorpCityGrl
by Bronze Member on Jul. 8, 2013 at 12:59 PM

Do what would make YOU happy.

The medical field is always safe so if that's what you want to do, then go for it.  With an accounting degree, you also have a sense of security but it's also a pretty dry and boring field (I'm in finance).  Where do your interest lie?

BlessedAgain3
by Member on Jul. 8, 2013 at 1:04 PM

Quoting CorpCityGrl:

The medical field is always safe so if that's what you want to do, then go for it.  With an accounting degree, you also have a sense of security but it's also a pretty dry and boring field (I'm in finance).  Where do your interest lie?

Thats my problem, im just not really sure what i want to do. I have 3 kids, one with special needs and we might have another one in a couple yrs. i want to do something that i like, make good money but also not be working so many hrs that i never see my kids. There still little, all under 5, and i want to enjoy my time with them... Can you tell me anything about your job, and degree?
CorpCityGrl
by Bronze Member on Jul. 8, 2013 at 1:08 PM

Quoting BlessedAgain3:

Quoting CorpCityGrl:

Thats my problem, im just not really sure what i want to do. I have 3 kids, one with special needs and we might have another one in a couple yrs. i want to do something that i like, make good money but also not be working so many hrs that i never see my kids. There still little, all under 5, and i want to enjoy my time with them... Can you tell me anything about your job, and degree?

Those are two really different fields to be in.  Are you choosing based on just the money aspect? 

Everything has its pros and cons and it all depends on where you work and what you ultimately do.  I have a degree in finance and when I first started out, I workd a lot and worked long hours.  I wasn't married yet though nor did we have kids, so I didn't mind putting in the hours.  Once I got a little older, priorities changed and I ended up in media finance.  Truthfully, I NEVER wanted to work for a financial firm because they pretty much own you (especially during budget and tax season).  I was able to find a job in business that allowed flexibility and a work/life balance without sacrificing too much of a salary.  Yes, my job is boring (I sit in front of a computer all day looking at spreadsheets) but it's okay. 

catevincesmom
by on Jul. 8, 2013 at 1:13 PM

Whatever makes you happy.  Of your choices, accounting would be my least favorite. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)