Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

Inmate vs soulmate

Posted by on Jul. 8, 2013 at 7:35 PM
  • 23 Replies

Is it possible to fall in love with an inmate that you've
Never dated on theoutside?
by on Jul. 8, 2013 at 7:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mommabearbergh
by Bronze Member on Jul. 8, 2013 at 7:36 PM
Yeah I don't do jail birds but I have heard its possible . I honestly think dating inmates is a bad idea for all involved .
mama23brie
by on Jul. 8, 2013 at 7:59 PM
Do i think its possible? Yes. Is it a good idea? Probably not.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AnGLInterrupted
by Kendall on Jul. 8, 2013 at 8:05 PM

Yes it's possible.  It's like falling in love with someone from the internet that lives half-way across the country.  Like PP said, it's probably not a good idea though.

The thing about being a pen-pal with an inmate (or meeting someone online) is that you have a lot of time to "talk".  You can spend hours typing to someone or even send countless letters over the course of a few months or years..  you really get to know someone, or at least you THINK you do.

Very rarely do these things work out.  Mostly they end in heartache and sometimes they can end in tragedy.

If you're talking about yourself, please please please be careful.  There are a lot of decent people in jail that did something stupid, or maybe they were wrongly convicted, or they found God in jail and turned over their lives..  but you never know.  You just never know.

ashbash1616
by on Jul. 8, 2013 at 8:08 PM
I think its possible to fall in love with someone in jail. However I feel like youd only be seeing one side of them. A lonely caged person. Unless you've known them in person and know how they are, I dont think youd be inlove with the true person. Youd be in love with the person they show you over the phone/letters.

I dont believe all inmates are horrible people, but a lot are (hence why they are in jail). I have an extremely close family friend Ive known since I was 3 yrs old. I love him to death he is an amazing, loving and good hearted person. BUT, hes gotten himself into trouble and was in and out of jail a lot over the years.

Be careful is all I can say. You never truely know a person (good, bad or indifferent).
by Silver Member on Jul. 8, 2013 at 9:38 PM
1 mom liked this

Seriously?

beeky
by Alexandra on Jul. 8, 2013 at 9:49 PM
1 mom liked this

I have no idea.  I won't have anything to do with a man who is in prison.

ReadWriteLuv
by Casey on Jul. 9, 2013 at 12:36 AM

LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Um, no. 

LaughCryLive
by Bronze Member on Jul. 9, 2013 at 12:49 AM
Why would you do that to yourself? Do you respect and love yourself so little?

My xh is in prison. We were already separated when he was arrested but I felt so guilty for leaving him during that time I stayed with him for another 3.5 years!

In that time I worked on myself. I am a completely different person and realized that I deserved so much better.

I would strongly urge you to not have any sort of relationship with a person in prison.
NDADanceMom
by on Jul. 9, 2013 at 12:50 AM
How do you even meet someone in prison? Do they have open house date nights?
littlecheifsmom
by Bronze Member on Jul. 9, 2013 at 1:05 AM
Anything is possible. It's not something I would personally do. And I do not think its a good idea either
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN