Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

Losing faith in men and love

Posted by on Jul. 8, 2013 at 7:52 PM
  • 14 Replies

I am currently single, and not liking it one bit. But maybe it is a blessing in disguise. I read so much on CM about men that are dead beats, and won't even watch a child while the mom goes to the bathroom!! Give me some of your stories to read so I can have a little faith that there are at least a few good men out there?

by on Jul. 8, 2013 at 7:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AnGLInterrupted
by Kendall on Jul. 8, 2013 at 7:58 PM

I developed pneumonia in 2008.  Our daughter was just 8 months old at the time.  DH took 2 weeks off from work and took care of me and our daughter.  According to him (because I don't remember this at all), I refused to stay in the hospital. I wanted to go home.

He kept the house clean, fed, changed, diapered and played with DD.  He kept me fed, helped me to the bathroom when needed, brought me my medicine and helped me bathe when needed.  He even kept up with the laundry.

I nearly died from this and he stayed strong for me and our daughter.  He's a good man!!  I'm lucky to have him.  :)

AnGLInterrupted
by Kendall on Jul. 8, 2013 at 7:59 PM

...my husband is also excellent with our daughter.  She's six now and he makes sure to set time aside for daddy/daughter time.  He takes her fishing every chance he gets and he gets more excited than she does when she out fishes him.  :)

One of the reasons I married him (other than being in love with him, obviously) was that I KNEW he would make a good daddy.  I was right.  :)

petitekatie
by Member on Jul. 8, 2013 at 8:03 PM

That's really sweet! Yeah, i don't want to commit and have children with a man that I wouldn't KNOW would be a great husband and father. It's just a daunting task with all the losers out there.

Quoting AnGLInterrupted:

...my husband is also excellent with our daughter.  She's six now and he makes sure to set time aside for daddy/daughter time.  He takes her fishing every chance he gets and he gets more excited than she does when she out fishes him.  :)

One of the reasons I married him (other than being in love with him, obviously) was that I KNEW he would make a good daddy.  I was right.  :)

beeky
by Alexandra on Jul. 8, 2013 at 9:59 PM
1 mom liked this

I married a wonderful man who is patient, supportive and encouraging.  He has always done his fair share of child rearing and housework and he has always put his family first.

There are good men out there.  Don't rush things and choose wisely.

kidlover2
by on Jul. 8, 2013 at 10:09 PM
1 mom liked this
I once believed as you when my highschool sweetheart delved deep in to drugs and deserted his family and 3 daughters. I found a man with no children of his own that have enveloped my daughters as his own. He treats me with the utmost respect and is making it possible for me to return to college and finish my degree. He thinks it's important for me and as an example for my kids. He does all the cooking and helps with the cleaning. He puts up with my insecurities by showing me every text and email. He deleted a friend off his phone because of my self admitted phobia without even getting defensive. My crazy ex husband has resurfaced with rants, stalking, threats, and cops. My love handles it all in stride and the only time I have ever seen him lose his cool and cry was when my youngest daughter was called a retard by her father.
The only flaws this man has is he cares too much.... Oh, and he farts a lot :)
pittymama
by Silver Member on Jul. 8, 2013 at 10:26 PM
1 mom liked this

our story isn't all rainbows and bunnies. but my husband has grown a lot, with a lot of patience and guidance from our dads, and he's a great man. i'm sorry that you are going through a hard time, not all men suck. 

MagicTemptation
by Christina on Jul. 8, 2013 at 11:34 PM
1 mom liked this

When I met my S/O I was going through a horrible seperation/divorce, single mother of 4 young children. He was single/no children. He really hadn't had much experience with kids in general. I joke with him and say he feel in love with my kids first. We rushed through things. We had talked for about a year off and on through emails before our first date. After the second date he asked if he could stay the night. He lived over an hour from his work and I liked 20 minutes away from it. I agreed and six years later he is still here and has blessed me with two more children. He works atleast 50 hours a week. Attends online classes. Helps around the house and with errands. He plays with and helps the kids. And he still finds time to spoil me.  He is pretty amazing.

I haven't been feeling well the last few days. He took the kids out today for a few hours before he had to go into work so I could rest. He brought them to the park and bought them lunch. Knowing him he was probably climbing the monkey bars and going down the slide with them. For someone who had no experience with kids he really did take on fatherhood quickly. 

"For all the bad in the world, I swear to you there is good." There are still amazing men out there.

jojo_star
by on Jul. 9, 2013 at 1:40 AM
1 mom liked this

My husband is amazing. I'm currently pregnant, miserable, and working full time. Dh works full time as well, and we have four kids, ages 12, 14, 15, and 17, with very busy lives, even though it's the summer. I'm a nurse, I work 12 hours shifts. When I come home, the kids are taken care of, dinner has been cooked, the kitchen cleaned, a plate is waiting for me, even though I can barely eat anything, all household chores are done. I don't have to worry about the groceries, about laundry, scheduling drs appointments for the kids, anything. Usually we share the workload 50/50, but I've had to work so many extra hours the last few months because we've lost nurses, and I am so sick that I couldn't do much more if I wanted to. But I don't have to :) 

kagegirl
by on Jul. 9, 2013 at 3:10 AM
1 mom liked this

Oh goodness, sugar. I sometimes joke with SO that I am going to rent him out, in EVERY capacity, to other women. Just so they have a basis of comparison that isn't crap. He is generous to a fault, spoils me rotten, is indulgent, doesn't bitch if I don't clean, helps with the kids, cleans the house and does the laundry and is a tiger in the sack. All this and he looks like Johnny Depp, is amazingly gorgeous naked and has an epic ass. Yes, it CAN happen for you!!!

by Silver Member on Jul. 9, 2013 at 6:48 AM
1 mom liked this

I can't begin to list all the ways my husband is a "good guy". He is very hands on with the kids, "allows" me my time to do whatever I want/need. Never complains that I don't cook and never says the house is a mess (though I am a clean and neat freak!) He never complains when I dont want sex bc Im too tired, he understands we need date nights and us time once in a while.

He IS still a man and definitely has his faults! But compared to all my friends husbands he is the most awesome one I know--and even they say that! :) 

It will happen for you! Dont lose faith! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN