Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

We are beyond broke so DH decide to be a dick dancer...WWYD FINAL EDIT WITH PIC

Posted by on Jul. 9, 2013 at 3:26 PM
  • 78 Replies

Its no secret we are having severe money problems. He has pulled the injured card and the felon card as to why he cant get jobs. We have a big ass fight and his solution is to go be a dancer at a gay bar because he thinks he can make the money he has been told he could make by his gay friends, its the hours he needs to work, and there is no chance of cheating...

It kind of makes me sick but he would be wearing an outfit and dancing on a platform so no touching really...I just feel weird. Is it because its taboo? My friend said to let him and see if he does it and how much he makes...WWYD?

EDIT: The felony was from 14 years ago, time served, moved on, went to school had a fam, etc. The shit still comes up. Time served was 12 years ago and the shit still keeps him from doing much of anything. Also, he wont be an actual stripper. Have you seen the gogodancers in the clubs? Thats kind of what he would be doing. He hasnt gone yet,  I kind of shit a brick when I realized he was serious.

FINAL EDIT: I didnt think about it being just another job and totally legal so that is a plus. I can get over it I think, it just creeps me out a little. He went up there last night to meet the dance manager and they let him dance for 3 hours and he made $40 on a slow Tuesday...Guess we are giving it a shot :(

by on Jul. 9, 2013 at 3:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mom2Adalee
by on Jul. 9, 2013 at 3:28 PM
1 mom liked this
It doesn't matter what type of bar it is, I wouldn't agree with me or my husband dancing for money. That's just me though.
Dee0886
by Bronze Member on Jul. 9, 2013 at 3:30 PM
2 moms liked this

It would be wierd but I'd be able to deal with it...as long as its a gay bar lol

Dee0886
by Bronze Member on Jul. 9, 2013 at 3:30 PM

And it's true..he could probably make bank doing that

IQuitCounting
by Bronze Member on Jul. 9, 2013 at 3:32 PM

I wouldn't be surprised if it's a bluff on his part.  You said he's already pulled the injured card and the felon card... so he doesn't sound like a person that really wants to work anyway... let him do it.  Maybe the expereince will teach him something about trying to do things the "easy" way.

enlightened_24
by on Jul. 9, 2013 at 3:40 PM

I freaked out HARD last night then my friend said the same thing...Let him and see what happens. If he folds then i know he is bluffing, if he makes bank then I dont have to worry anymore...He isnt telling anyone though. He is ashamed.

Zazayam
by on Jul. 9, 2013 at 3:40 PM

That wouldn't fly around here, I couldn't be a married stripper and I sure as hell couldn't be married to one.

enlightened_24
by on Jul. 9, 2013 at 3:52 PM

This was my original thought and reason for freaking out.

Quoting Zazayam:

That wouldn't fly around here, I couldn't be a married stripper and I sure as hell couldn't be married to one.

Zazayam
by on Jul. 9, 2013 at 3:54 PM

Understandable. I dunno, I get being broke sucks but there has to be a way to fix that issue and keep everyone's clothes on, lol. There are plenty of jobs available for felons, if he's actually too hurt to work get on disability?

Quoting enlightened_24:

Quoting Zazayam:

enlightened_24
by on Jul. 9, 2013 at 4:05 PM

His dr released him to work but only using one arm...He couldnt even fully cut a pizza. He wont qualify for disability since his Dr said he can work with one arm. Makes no since. Our car insurance went out and if we get pulled over we could loose the car then we would for real be f*ed. Its past smart decision making time as far as how to get moeny goes. I have been working full time and I am going back to school next month with a full course load (which will bring in a little money too).

Quoting Zazayam:

Understandable. I dunno, I get being broke sucks but there has to be a way to fix that issue and keep everyone's clothes on, lol. There are plenty of jobs available for felons, if he's actually too hurt to work get on disability?

Quoting enlightened_24:

Quoting Zazayam:

ReadWriteLuv
by Casey on Jul. 9, 2013 at 4:16 PM
5 moms liked this
I just died laughing, lmao!!!!!!!!! Seriously? This is for real? Well, honesty if he's an injured felon what the fuck else do you expect him to do? He's gotta bring home the bacon somehow, might as well shake his sausage.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN