Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

So heartbroken :(

Posted by on Jul. 9, 2013 at 6:54 PM
  • 55 Replies

Ladies please tell me how would you feel if your husband kept coming home with scratches on his back.  

My husband keeps coming home with scratches on his back.  And these are not just random scratches, these are scrtches that are three in a row on both sides of his back.  I want so bad to believe him but I know there is no way that you will get scratches from dry skin. Not scratches like that.

Please guys, I'm losing faith in him fast.

by on Jul. 9, 2013 at 6:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
EmilysMom2010
by Bronze Member on Jul. 9, 2013 at 6:55 PM
1 mom liked this
He could be scratching himself. It IS a possibility. If that's all that's different he may be telling the truth.
earthangel1967
by YVONNE on Jul. 9, 2013 at 7:04 PM

Well what is he saying they are from?

YVONNE

Blovesyouuu
by New Member on Jul. 9, 2013 at 7:06 PM

Quoting earthangel1967:

Well what is he saying they are from?

Ivory1971
by on Jul. 9, 2013 at 7:13 PM

I was really trying not to get in depth with it but I have to.  Maybe my description was good enough. When I say three in a row on each side, I mean like someone has really positioned their hands nd caressed his back.  Also, when I question him, he never says that he scrached himself.  He gets angry with me, calls me crazy and tells me that his skin cracks like that from dry skin.

he is so secretive with his phone and lately when I've been calling him, he doesn't get my call and blames it on bad service.  He has cheated on me in the past and that pattern that he had before is now starting to resurface.  I keep making ddermatologists appointments for him but we keep missing them because I'm so afraid that the doctor is going to tell me that scratches like this doesn't come from dry skin.  

Guys there's so much more to say but I'm so stressed out right now that I just need the truth.  Something is definitely wrong I feel it.

MagicTemptation
by Christina on Jul. 9, 2013 at 7:19 PM

You keep making dermatology appointments from him? So he has had these scratches for what? Atleast a few weeks? If he was cheating I would think he would atleast try to hide the fact that he was unless he is wanting you to catch him? 

unsuspected
by Gold Member on Jul. 9, 2013 at 7:21 PM
5 moms liked this
Your gut knows.
earthangel1967
by YVONNE on Jul. 9, 2013 at 7:25 PM

im sorry hugs Awww well with those details it doesn't sound good, especially since he already has a paSt of cheating on you. : ( I'm no dermatologist but I personally have never ever heard of 3 perfect lines on each side from dry skin. I have a feeling going to the dermatologist is just going to end up being embarassing.

It's not just the scratches it's all the other signs too. : (

I often say that I am a big believer in our  intuitions and gut feelings. I believe we have those to help guide us. Too often we ignore those feelings to our own detriment. I would listen to them and let him know that you don't just suspect , YOU KNOW!  Who cares if he gets mad about it... YOU are the one who has the right to be mad NOT him! He has already broken your trust in the past and he wouoldnt be being secretive with his phone etc unless he had something to hide, so since you know in your heart you already know the truth even though its a hard truth, then make a decision on how you are going to handle it. He's obviously a serial cheater so he isn't going to change. You are either going to decide to live with  that fact and stay with him, or decide if you are a faithful devoted partner then you deserve no less in return and leave his cheating ass! Even if you are still in love with him, he obviously doesnt love YOU the way you deserve and doesnt think of your best interest or feelings or the health of your marriage when he does his cheating. So even if I still loved him, Iwould cry my eyes out and leave anyway and NEVER go back.

But only you  can decide what you  want to do about it.

Quoting Ivory1971:

I was really trying not to get in depth with it but I have to.  Maybe my description was good enough. When I say three in a row on each side, I mean like someone has really positioned their hands nd caressed his back.  Also, when I question him, he never says that he scrached himself.  He gets angry with me, calls me crazy and tells me that his skin cracks like that from dry skin.

he is so secretive with his phone and lately when I've been calling him, he doesn't get my call and blames it on bad service.  He has cheated on me in the past and that pattern that he had before is now starting to resurface.  I keep making ddermatologists appointments for him but we keep missing them because I'm so afraid that the doctor is going to tell me that scratches like this doesn't come from dry skin.  

Guys there's so much more to say but I'm so stressed out right now that I just need the truth.  Something is definitely wrong I feel it.

YVONNE

robinann1982
by New Member on Jul. 9, 2013 at 7:53 PM
Trust your gut. I know that is not what you want to hear and I also know on the rare occasion our gut feelings are just paranoid thoughts. I'm not a snooper by nature, but there has been a few times I've had a gut feeling I need to snoop and not once was my gut wrong.

With that said, I also know if you're not prepared to act on what you find out (good or bad / apologize for being wrong or leave because youre right) then let it go because the worry of why and how will eat you alive.
TommyAbby
by Melissa on Jul. 9, 2013 at 8:40 PM

Forget the Derm and see a therapist. 

:( Sorry girl, but you don't get scratches in that perfect a pattern from dry skin. 

ashybaby87
by Member on Jul. 9, 2013 at 8:44 PM
from how it sounds he's up to no good honestly, especially if he had history of being unfaithful. I would definitely dig deeper. for him to be secretive and then get upset rather than making excuses about the scratches just mashes it sound like he's up to no good.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)