Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I think this is weird

Posted by on Jul. 9, 2013 at 9:02 PM
  • 32 Replies

My dh refuses to get snipped because he says you lose your manly hood when u do that. Has your dh/so been snipped was it painful for him?? What do u think about what my dh said?? I think it's nuts and he's just worried about the pain. 

by on Jul. 9, 2013 at 9:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
roseblossom90
by Member on Jul. 9, 2013 at 9:21 PM
1 mom liked this

My DH has offered to get snipped but I won't let him. First of all, I want to think about another baby in the future, but secondly, I don't want him to have to go through that. I have heard from other men though that it's far from feeling good, but it's not as bad as you would think. One of my DH's friends said that he could've gotten it done on his lunchbreak and come back to work and finished the day out.

Rosebud27aj
by Amanda on Jul. 9, 2013 at 9:23 PM

Lol...my dh says the same thing about loosing his manhood...

alexsmomaubrys2
by Silver Member on Jul. 9, 2013 at 9:25 PM

DH had a vasectomy. He had it done on a Friday morning and was back to work on Monday with minimal pain.

DH's sex drive has done nothing but go UP since having the procedure because he isn't worried about me getting pregnant.

connorsmom2009
by New Member on Jul. 9, 2013 at 9:43 PM

BUMP!

RheaF
by Silver Member on Jul. 9, 2013 at 10:53 PM

We had talked about it back when we thought we were done having kids. DH was more than willing to have it done. It is quicker, faster healing time, and less painful than a Woman getting done. When I say we were done...we were DONE!!

However, our faith changed and grew, and we looked at things differently. I am so very thankful we did not go the route of permanent BC! We tried for over a year to get pregnant, then lost the baby. We are currently TTC again. I would urge you both to seriously consider this choice. I mean, at the time, we were convinced we were not going to want anymore children.

mysweet1s
by Member on Jul. 9, 2013 at 11:00 PM
2 moms liked this
My DH was very hesitant too. But, his doctor is a friend of his and basically told him to "man up." Explained it was so much safer and less painful then a tubal for me. He said "she went through 3 births to give you your children. This is the least you could do." DH thought that made good sense. It wasn't painless, but 3 days later he was 100%.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
beeky
by Alexandra on Jul. 9, 2013 at 11:07 PM

My dh had a vasectomy 15 years ago.  Had it done on Friday and back to work on Monday, no big deal.   There is absolutely no difference in his sexual performance.

earthangel1967
by YVONNE on Jul. 10, 2013 at 6:36 AM
1 mom liked this

My husband had a vasectomy to protect me when we were still only dating! He did it because I  had my fallopian tubes 100% surgically removed which is suppose to make it 100% IMPOSSIBLE  to get pregnant ( I didnt have them tied or clamped, but actually removed) but 2 yrs later I did get pregnant and I had that surgery in the first place to save my life since I had hemoraged lost half myblood and went into shock with each of my first 3 kids. My miracle baby was 7 when I met Todd and he said there was no way he was risking my life with another miracle baby so he went in for a vasectomy. I went with him. They did it right in the urologists office. They gave him something for nerves anxiety and they numbed the surgical site. Dr checked to make sure he couldnt feel anything and he couldn't. The dr made TEENY TINY hole in testical which didnt hurt Todd at all, as a matter of fact Todd laughed thru the wholething. probably from feeling a bit nervous lol. The dr gently pulled out small tube and cut and tied it and then sewed one stitch to close and repeated on other side. It was all done in about 15-20 min Then since I can't drive Todd drove us home and the dr gave him pain meds for when the local anestesia wore off and told him to use ice packs on it. Which Todd did and reclined in his recliner all that day and rested and I doted onhim like he deserved.

He was NOT suppose to have sex the next day but Todd was eager to get back to it and I was scared we'd hurt him but he did it anyway the very next day!

Todd is extremely masculine and muscular and bodybuilds and is an authority figure at work and can even be intimidating without intending to be, it has NOT affected his manlihood at ALL!  He still ejaculates the same too, it just doesnt have sperm in it is all and you can''t tell the difference visually or  anything and it hasnt made his orgasms lesser in anyway either.

UNLIKE when I woman has to get her tubes done its SURGERY SURGERY  ands she has to be put OUT completely and your stomach is really sore up to a few days afterwards not just one day.

According to my husband, with all due respect your husband is making a big deal over nothing.

YVONNE

charley31
by Bronze Member on Jul. 10, 2013 at 6:41 AM
My husband is getting snipped after I have this baby in dec. He offered since its easier for him than it would for me. I think your husband is afraid of the pain. Print out of fact sheet about being snipped doesn't have anything to do with being a "man" and hes not actually loosing his balls. Just show him how ignorant he sounds using that as an excuse. Its the least he can do for you.
Livin.the.Dream
by New Member on Jul. 10, 2013 at 10:45 AM
2 moms liked this
We just had this talk the other day, and after some google searches the docs in my city have hilarious names. Dr. Dick chop, Dr peter ruff. Thought u would get a chuckle ans yes these are real name of real vasectomy docs.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)