Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

Sex after kids

Posted by on Jul. 9, 2013 at 11:27 PM
  • 59 Replies

We all know that alot of things change after we have kids. Sex is one of the big ones. Of course it's different for everyone. 

For me, with both of my children, I have noticed that I go through stages. I go from focusing on my child and getting into the swing of things, to focusing on myself. In which I (at the time) don't think very highly of myself. I do get post partum depression. But depression runs through my family, so it's not just the normal. So when it comes to my sex life I have more days where I am less interested in sex.    I have sense then gotten out of that. I'm not as self conscious anymore. It's not that I am not interested in my husband or that I am not attracted to him. I guess that I am more of the type that sex doesn't define a marriage. It shouldn't be something that your relationship revolves around.  

Is this something that any of you ladies have experienced?   Did you just get to where sex isn't that important to you anymore? 

by on Jul. 9, 2013 at 11:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kstchr
by Member on Jul. 9, 2013 at 11:35 PM

Yes, I'm the same way, except without the depression. Sex just isn't as important to me as it is to DH.

Zazayam
by on Jul. 9, 2013 at 11:49 PM

Yeah, I'm 8 months PP and my drive is just completely nonexistant. I've been trying the sex for a year challenge (My goal's only a month though, lol), where you're supposed to do it EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. It's supposed to rekindle your drive, so far no luck with that, lol. Hubby's happy though!

alexsmomaubrys2
by Silver Member on Jul. 9, 2013 at 11:50 PM
2 moms liked this

Sex has only gotten better for DH and I. =D

la_bella_vita
by Bella on Jul. 10, 2013 at 12:03 AM

Quoting alexsmomaubrys2:

Sex has only gotten better for DH and I. =D

Ditto : )

lillybug222
by Silver Member on Jul. 10, 2013 at 12:06 AM
1 mom liked this
Sex isn't all that important to me, but it is to my DH, so I'm trying.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
exhaustedmother
by Amy on Jul. 10, 2013 at 1:11 AM

Sex for me has always been important in our marriage and it never died it only got better :)

SAHM2011
by Member on Jul. 10, 2013 at 1:43 AM

That is how it is with my DH. I honestly think that is one thing that is the same/similar with all men. Sex is a really big part of them feeling loved , wanted and accepted.   I show those things in different ways. Just because he does good on something good (just for example) doesn't mean that I am going to 'reward' him with sex. 

Quoting kstchr:

Yes, I'm the same way, except without the depression. Sex just isn't as important to me as it is to DH.

SAHM2011
by Member on Jul. 10, 2013 at 1:45 AM

Well there's nothing wrong with trying. You want to make sure he's happy. I am the same way.   Just sometimes it gets annoying.  Especially if you're not a really an affectionate couple.   For me it just feels like DH doesn't want to cuddle up or be affectionate (other than a quick kiss here and there) unless he wants sex. If I say no, then he huffs and puffs for a few minutes and then rolls back over on his side of the bed. 

Quoting lillybug222:

Sex isn't all that important to me, but it is to my DH, so I'm trying.

MixedCooke
by Silver Member on Jul. 10, 2013 at 1:59 AM

my youngest is 3 and although sex isnt as frequent as it was before kids, it actually seems better now than before them.  Sex drive diminishes for a variety of reasons and that is normal.

claredaisy23
by on Jul. 10, 2013 at 2:07 AM
sex is nt important to me but to men is important to them there can nt do wit sex even u born 20,there still love it till the end
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)