Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

Severe nipple pain. Need advice.

Posted by on Jul. 10, 2013 at 6:19 AM
  • 13 Replies

For the past 12 hours my nipples have been erect and super painful. I woke up from pain of shirt touching left nipple.

I had tubes tied 20 years ago. So I shouldn't be pregnant. I never have any symptoms from ovulation or pms. My breasts also seem swollen and heavier.

Anyone ever experienced this other than pregnancy? And what can help with severe pain?

edit:  actually I can't stop thinking that I might really be pregnant.  The only time I've ever felt like this was when I was pregnant.  Crazier things have happened.

by on Jul. 10, 2013 at 6:19 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
earthangel1967
by YVONNE on Jul. 10, 2013 at 6:22 AM

Maybe check webmd.com?  Just guessing at maybeTry a hot shower and if that doesn't help maybe ice packs? I dont know for sure really. But other than that if it doesnt improve over the day I would call your dr. There are all kinds of reasons for breast and nipple pain, some small and some not so small.

feel better

YVONNE

earthangel1967
by YVONNE on Jul. 10, 2013 at 6:24 AM

PS I have had nipple pain to the point it hurt when my shirt even barely touched them after having lots of sex and apparently excessive nipple stimulation. I don't know if that is possibliity in your case right now.

YVONNE

lulalacroix
by Bronze Member on Jul. 10, 2013 at 6:26 AM
Yes I've done some research. Most info is about pregnancy or ovulation. There is other info like cancer, but that wouldn't affect both nipples. I think I will try warm wash clothes and see if that helps.

Quoting earthangel1967:

Maybe check webmd.com?  Just guessing at maybeTry a hot shower and if that doesn't help maybe ice packs? I dont know for sure really. But other than that if it doesnt improve over the day I would call your dr. There are all kinds of reasons for breast and nipple pain, some small and some not so small.

feel better

lulalacroix
by Bronze Member on Jul. 10, 2013 at 6:31 AM

This was actually the first thing I considered, but unfortunately this isn't the case.

Quoting earthangel1967:

PS I have had nipple pain to the point it hurt when my shirt even barely touched them after having lots of sex and apparently excessive nipple stimulation. I don't know if that is possibliity in your case right now.

earthangel1967
by YVONNE on Jul. 10, 2013 at 6:40 AM

It's also happened to me when I was home alone all day and wore a shirt without a bra the whole day, I guess from the shirt moving around must have irritated my nipples where as when  I wear a bra most of the time in the days they are use to being protected?

Also when my nippples got sore when breast feeding long time ago they had me put A&D ointment on them. Maybe neosporin triple antibiotic the kind that slightly nnumbs too will help? I'd probably also try taking some tylenol, ibuprofen or aleve just for the hell of it too in  case that  helps at all

Quoting lulalacroix:

This was actually the first thing I considered, but unfortunately this isn't the case.

Quoting earthangel1967:

YVONNE

lulalacroix
by Bronze Member on Jul. 10, 2013 at 6:42 AM

I do go without a bra as often as possibly, so I don't think it's that either.  But the ointment is definately worth a try.  thanks.

Quoting earthangel1967:

It's also happened to me when I was home alone all day and wore a shirt without a bra the whole day, I guess from the shirt moving around must have irritated my nipples where as when  I wear a bra most of the time in the days they are use to being protected?

Also when my nippples got sore when breast feeding long time ago they had me put A&D ointment on them. Maybe neosporin triple antibiotic the kind that slightly nnumbs too will help? I'd probably also try taking some tylenol, ibuprofen or aleve just for the hell of it too in  case that  helps at all

Quoting lulalacroix:

Quoting earthangel1967:

L202M
by Member on Jul. 10, 2013 at 9:59 AM

Some times, in the winter,  they will hurt so bad where no amount of rubbing them to get them warm helps.  But, unless you are in Antarctica, I don't supposed that's the cause.

lulalacroix
by Bronze Member on Jul. 10, 2013 at 10:06 AM

Ha!  My dh keeps trying to touch them and I threatened his life.

Quoting L202M:

Some times, in the winter,  they will hurt so bad where no amount of rubbing them to get them warm helps.  But, unless you are in Antarctica, I don't supposed that's the cause.

AnGLInterrupted
by Kendall on Jul. 10, 2013 at 10:06 AM

Perhaps a call to your doctor?   I have no clue.  I know that sometimes mine get like that (maybe not THAT painful) and it lasts for a couple of days...  I chalk it up to hormonal changes.

mami286
by on Jul. 10, 2013 at 10:44 AM

its funny but mines been hurting the past 2/3 days but also those days ive been without a bra. the first thing that came to me also was preggo/ovu but not possible at the moment. also maybe how i slept, not sure but ima wear a bra a couple days and see if improves. if not goin to doctor.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)