Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

My dh is mad because I hid vegetables in his food.

Posted by on Jul. 11, 2013 at 10:31 AM
  • 50 Replies
1 mom liked this

Ok, I am trying out new things to get my kids to eat healthier, my husband does not eat healthy either, will not eat vegetables, just like a kid... Well, last night I made spaghetti and puréed some squash, zucchini, and carrots and mixed it in the sauce so you couldn't taste it. It was a huge hit, everybody loved it. Well, this morning I told dh that I had hid vegetables in there and now he says, oh, that was the after taste... If I hadn't said anything, he wouldn't have known... Well, his ex wife tried to kill him and herself by poisoning his food. They were together for only a year, I have been with dh for 3 years and he knows I would never do such a horrible thing... So, he says if I hide vegetables in his food again, he won't eat it. Is it my fault for not telling him because I want him to eat healthier and that's the only way I know how to it? Or is he in the right for me not telling him what's in his food?

by on Jul. 11, 2013 at 10:31 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
TeamTARDIS
by on Jul. 11, 2013 at 10:33 AM
3 moms liked this
Lol why did you tell him?
earthangel1967
by YVONNE on Jul. 11, 2013 at 10:39 AM
3 moms liked this

I can understand why he is paranoid due to what his ex wife did, that is  pretty traumatic!

However you are just trying to take extra tlc of him and help him be healthier and live LONGER so out of love I would still do it since it's in his best interest but I wouldn't mention it ever again.

YVONNE

Verrine
by Bronze Member on Jul. 11, 2013 at 10:40 AM
1 mom liked this

He needs to grow up. You're doing a good thing with your family. You're cooking. He should be grateful for that and also that you care about him and want him to live. 

AJ-47
by on Jul. 11, 2013 at 10:42 AM
Yikes. He's really doing himself a disservice.
earthangel1967
by YVONNE on Jul. 11, 2013 at 10:45 AM

I'd still do it, what's he going to do never eat ANYTHING you cook again, just in case? That's silly. He's not going to know the difference if you put healthy veggies in something or not.

I don't think it's wrong of you  to do without telling him, but I wouldnt tell him Iam goiing to do and not just tell him either, that defeats the purpose. But if you  feel guilty for taking extra good care of him by making sure he eats healthier because you have to sneak to do it then just dont do it anymore. And let him and the kids eat unhealthy instead.

YVONNE

ladybugchar
by on Jul. 11, 2013 at 10:46 AM
1 mom liked this
I hide food in my Dh's food too. Sometimes I tell him. Sometimes I don't. It is really funny. But he knows I'm doing it for the kids.
sallymaggie
by on Jul. 11, 2013 at 10:48 AM

HE is acting like a child! 

RheaF
by Silver Member on Jul. 11, 2013 at 10:49 AM
He is an adult, he needs to grow up and eat his veggies. Good grief, lol. How does he expect your kids to eat well, if he won't?
Amari06
by on Jul. 11, 2013 at 10:50 AM
The whole point of sneaking veges in is to not tell. If you planned on telling him why not discuss it prior to him eating it? Especially knowing he has a problem with trusting food.

I am happy my kids actually like veges. Try hiding cauliflower in mashed potatoes. That was a huge success when my little brother was being picky.
emarin77
by Silver Member on Jul. 11, 2013 at 12:39 PM

Lol, I would acknowledge what happened to him in the past but state that you are not his ex but someone who wants her family to be healthy.  Ask him if he liked what you made.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN