Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

My dh is mad because I hid vegetables in his food.

Posted by   + Show Post

Ok, I am trying out new things to get my kids to eat healthier, my husband does not eat healthy either, will not eat vegetables, just like a kid... Well, last night I made spaghetti and puréed some squash, zucchini, and carrots and mixed it in the sauce so you couldn't taste it. It was a huge hit, everybody loved it. Well, this morning I told dh that I had hid vegetables in there and now he says, oh, that was the after taste... If I hadn't said anything, he wouldn't have known... Well, his ex wife tried to kill him and herself by poisoning his food. They were together for only a year, I have been with dh for 3 years and he knows I would never do such a horrible thing... So, he says if I hide vegetables in his food again, he won't eat it. Is it my fault for not telling him because I want him to eat healthier and that's the only way I know how to it? Or is he in the right for me not telling him what's in his food?

by on Jul. 11, 2013 at 10:31 AM
Replies (11-20):
Em84
by on Jul. 11, 2013 at 1:27 PM

Oh, you don't know the half of it. Getting him to take his cholesterol meds and a multivitamin is like pulling teeth! He said he did like what I made, until he found out there were veggies in it. I have told this to him before, but it doesn't matter.

Quoting emarin77:

Lol, I would acknowledge what happened to him in the past but state that you are not his ex but someone who wants her family to be healthy.  Ask him if he liked what you made.

Em84
by on Jul. 11, 2013 at 1:31 PM

Yes, thank you!! I have tried and tried to explain to him I just want him to eat healthier to live longer! I might let it slide for a couple weeks, then do it again without saying anything.

Quoting earthangel1967:

I can understand why he is paranoid due to what his ex wife did, that is  pretty traumatic!

However you are just trying to take extra tlc of him and help him be healthier and live LONGER so out of love I would still do it since it's in his best interest but I wouldn't mention it ever again.

furbabymum
by on Jul. 11, 2013 at 1:41 PM
1 mom liked this

I'd tell mine I'm going to be hiding veggies in the food for our childrens sake and if he doesn't want to eat it then he can make his own damn food.

coupon_ash_back
by on Jul. 11, 2013 at 1:42 PM
Lol is he5?
coupon_ash_back
by on Jul. 11, 2013 at 1:43 PM
It does makes sense that he react that way given his crazy ex..but still.
Amberleigh81
by Member on Jul. 11, 2013 at 1:44 PM
1 mom liked this
I don't hide veggies. You eat them or you go hungry.

You could always make him go hungry for a few days... :)
Mudfishzgirl
by Member on Jul. 11, 2013 at 1:47 PM
I can understand where he's coming from but I would keep doing it and keep my mouth shut. If you know he won't taste it then whats the harm
Amybelle
by Bronze Member on Jul. 11, 2013 at 1:48 PM

LOL I'd ask him "What are you? 12 yrs old?" What a BabY

earthangel1967
by YVONNE on Jul. 11, 2013 at 1:53 PM

I think that' a good idea. I don't consider the sneakiness doing something wrong when you are just taking good care of him because he wont and he cant tell the difference unless you say something which I  woulnt do anymore, anyway. So you are only helping him

Quoting Em84:

Yes, thank you!! I have tried and tried to explain to him I just want him to eat healthier to live longer! I might let it slide for a couple weeks, then do it again without saying anything.

Quoting earthangel1967:

I can understand why he is paranoid due to what his ex wife did, that is  pretty traumatic!

However you are just trying to take extra tlc of him and help him be healthier and live LONGER so out of love I would still do it since it's in his best interest but I wouldn't mention it ever again.

YVONNE

PartyGalAnne
by on Jul. 11, 2013 at 1:55 PM

SO DON'T TELL HIM.

Why would you let that cat out of the bag?!?!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN