Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

My dh is mad because I hid vegetables in his food.

Posted by   + Show Post

Ok, I am trying out new things to get my kids to eat healthier, my husband does not eat healthy either, will not eat vegetables, just like a kid... Well, last night I made spaghetti and puréed some squash, zucchini, and carrots and mixed it in the sauce so you couldn't taste it. It was a huge hit, everybody loved it. Well, this morning I told dh that I had hid vegetables in there and now he says, oh, that was the after taste... If I hadn't said anything, he wouldn't have known... Well, his ex wife tried to kill him and herself by poisoning his food. They were together for only a year, I have been with dh for 3 years and he knows I would never do such a horrible thing... So, he says if I hide vegetables in his food again, he won't eat it. Is it my fault for not telling him because I want him to eat healthier and that's the only way I know how to it? Or is he in the right for me not telling him what's in his food?

by on Jul. 11, 2013 at 10:31 AM
Replies (21-30):
rockinmomto2
by on Jul. 11, 2013 at 1:55 PM

You can't force another person to eat things they don't want. And for your DH, it's a trust issue. If he can't trust you to not fuck with his food, he can't trust you period because of what his exwife did. You need to be more understanding. Making your kids eat healthy food is one thing, but you can't force another adult to do things they don't want to do, even if it's detrimental to their health.

LilliesValley
by on Jul. 11, 2013 at 1:57 PM

I think if he's going to act like a child then he gets treated like a child. Apparently he needs more therapy to deal with the after effects of his ex. If he can't understand why eating healthy is important to you, himself and your kids and why you had to take these lengths then I think he needs to take some basic health classes.

la_bella_vita
by Bella on Jul. 11, 2013 at 3:46 PM
I hide veggies in food sometimes so we can get more veggies in us. DH doesn't mind.
lifeglow
by on Jul. 11, 2013 at 3:50 PM
I would still do it just dont tell him lmao. There is nothing wrong about that, your just trying to get him to eat healthier. I would do it to my dh lol matter of fact thats a good idea!! lol can i havr the recipe?
MommyO2-6631
by on Jul. 11, 2013 at 3:51 PM
He's a weenie!
arthistmom
by Bronze Member on Jul. 11, 2013 at 4:04 PM
Seriously, if he acts like an adult and eats sensibly, then you wouldn't have to resort to hiding vegetables in food. His reaction is a consequence of his trust issues, for which he needs counseling. His ex-wife really messed him up.
gonecrazi
by on Jul. 11, 2013 at 4:13 PM

I would have kept my mouth shut.

alexislovesjr
by on Jul. 11, 2013 at 4:20 PM
Tell him if he doesn't like it than dont eat or cook for himself, he isnt married to that crazy person anymore and shouldnt be a jerk or make you suffer for her craziness!
MagicTemptation
by Christina on Jul. 11, 2013 at 7:20 PM
1 mom liked this

I would tell him to start cooking his own food then. He has no right to hold what an ex did against you.

Nicki1995
by on Jul. 11, 2013 at 7:27 PM
Just saying, my spaghetti sauce has veggies in it. It tastes SO good like that! I think he is overreacting.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN