Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

My dh is mad because I hid vegetables in his food.

Posted by   + Show Post

Ok, I am trying out new things to get my kids to eat healthier, my husband does not eat healthy either, will not eat vegetables, just like a kid... Well, last night I made spaghetti and puréed some squash, zucchini, and carrots and mixed it in the sauce so you couldn't taste it. It was a huge hit, everybody loved it. Well, this morning I told dh that I had hid vegetables in there and now he says, oh, that was the after taste... If I hadn't said anything, he wouldn't have known... Well, his ex wife tried to kill him and herself by poisoning his food. They were together for only a year, I have been with dh for 3 years and he knows I would never do such a horrible thing... So, he says if I hide vegetables in his food again, he won't eat it. Is it my fault for not telling him because I want him to eat healthier and that's the only way I know how to it? Or is he in the right for me not telling him what's in his food?

by on Jul. 11, 2013 at 10:31 AM
Replies (31-40):
midjet117
by on Jul. 11, 2013 at 8:27 PM

I wouldnt tell him next time. No biggie.

RoxeyMama
by on Jul. 12, 2013 at 9:48 AM
Don't tell him next time. If he doesn't like your food he can eat something else lol. My mother in law has a boyfriend that hates rice no matter what we gave him rice chips and he liked them then we said they had rice so he said they were nasty sometimes its in the head lol.
2lilmamas
by on Jul. 12, 2013 at 9:51 AM
Quoting Verrine:

He needs to grow up. You're doing a good thing with your family. You're cooking. He should be grateful for that and also that you care about him and want him to live. 

Exactly this
rstuart66
by Bronze Member on Jul. 12, 2013 at 12:19 PM

He is being very childish.  I understand his ex tried to poison him but it's just vegetables.  Tell him it for the kids to be healthy.  

NDADanceMom
by on Jul. 12, 2013 at 12:21 PM
I don't clear recipes with my husband. Nor he with me. I don't consider it hiding food when you add veggies to something
mouthymandy
by on Jul. 12, 2013 at 2:26 PM

OMG! (Mandy's head banging against the wall)

Some men come with baggage, don't they?

God bless,

Krysden
by Platinum Member on Jul. 12, 2013 at 2:30 PM

He's a grown man.  If he want's to know what's in his food he has a right to know what's in his food.  I can understand wanting him to eat healthier but you shouldn't trick him into doing it.   Part of his problem MAY have been that he felt like you were treating him like one of the kids.  Ultimately eating healthier has to be his choice.  That said, if you are the one doing the cooking and he doesn't like what you are fixing then he may either have to fix something for himself.   I probably would have told the kids right after they finished up that there had been veggies in it just to point out that vegetables can be super delish depending on what you do with them.  

anotherandree
by Silver Member on Jul. 12, 2013 at 2:31 PM

I can 100% understand his paranoia when it comes to food!  Althought I think he is being a baby, being POISONED would take A LOOOOOOOOONG time for me to get over.  I'm sorry.  I admit that I would stick to pre-packaged foods, too.  That being said, you might need to come to a compromise because he is going to kill HIMSELF if he keeps eating crap all the time and you are coming at him with the best of intentions.  However, do try and see things from his perspective.

Mazie0723
by Member on Jul. 12, 2013 at 2:34 PM
I guess I'm lucky my kids have always eaten their fruits and veggies without a problem. Honestly I am the parent they have no choice. Now if DH didn't want to eat them thats fine.
bcauseimthemom
by Bronze Member on Jul. 12, 2013 at 2:46 PM

Let him cook his own meals.  That way he won't have to worry about what you are putting in it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN