Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

My dh is mad because I hid vegetables in his food.

Posted by   + Show Post

Ok, I am trying out new things to get my kids to eat healthier, my husband does not eat healthy either, will not eat vegetables, just like a kid... Well, last night I made spaghetti and puréed some squash, zucchini, and carrots and mixed it in the sauce so you couldn't taste it. It was a huge hit, everybody loved it. Well, this morning I told dh that I had hid vegetables in there and now he says, oh, that was the after taste... If I hadn't said anything, he wouldn't have known... Well, his ex wife tried to kill him and herself by poisoning his food. They were together for only a year, I have been with dh for 3 years and he knows I would never do such a horrible thing... So, he says if I hide vegetables in his food again, he won't eat it. Is it my fault for not telling him because I want him to eat healthier and that's the only way I know how to it? Or is he in the right for me not telling him what's in his food?

by on Jul. 11, 2013 at 10:31 AM
Replies (41-50):
Sue1605
by Member on Jul. 12, 2013 at 5:48 PM

Exactly!

However I think the OP just wanted the pat on the back from someone for doing something good.

Quoting PartyGalAnne:

SO DON'T TELL HIM.

Why would you let that cat out of the bag?!?!

Em84
by on Jul. 12, 2013 at 7:57 PM

I told him because I wanted him to understand that eating vegetables doesn't have to taste bad, that you can hide the taste. But considering what his ex wife did, I wanted to know other wives opinions on the matter, not just a 'pat on the back'. But I do appreciate that you thought I did good, so thank you for that. 

Quoting Sue1605:

Exactly!

However I think the OP just wanted the pat on the back from someone for doing something good.

Quoting PartyGalAnne:

SO DON'T TELL HIM.

tifbrown
by on Jul. 12, 2013 at 7:59 PM
Veggies are trying to save him, poison is trying to kill him, there is a difference. I always hide veggies in food. Then when hubby says it's good I say "sucker it's veggies!" And he thanks me haha.
AnGLInterrupted
by Kendall on Jul. 12, 2013 at 8:16 PM

I think this has more to do with you slipping something extra into his food than it does the veggies.  You guys need to sit down and hash things out before it becomes a bigger problem.

I can understand how he might feel about finding out about hidden extras in his food.

oahoah
by Member on Jul. 12, 2013 at 8:23 PM

I think he's right.  I have done this to my DH before too and he got so pissed when I told him and later when he wasn't pissed he said it made him feel like what else am I trying to sneak by him.  I will now run-by the menu plan if it is something I am sneaking in for kiddos' sakes, "I'll say something like I'm thinking of trying this new recipe but it calls for pureed whatever" and I'll ask his opinion, if he's willing to eat it or not. If not, he has to suggest something else.

Rachael-Dawn
by Bronze Member on Jul. 12, 2013 at 8:39 PM
I do things like this all the time. The key is to NEVER say anything about it. A wife never reveals her veggie stashing secrets. Dh and the boys get some extra vitamins and nobody has a clue they are eating things they don't like.
cox3
by Bronze Member on Jul. 12, 2013 at 10:05 PM
Just don't tell him.
MomToovey
by Marianne on Jul. 12, 2013 at 11:20 PM

I can see why this would upset him based on his past experience. However, you're giving him something to be healthier - which will, in turn, make him live longer, not kill him.

Anyway, I say keep doing it but just don't tell him. I probably never would have told my DH in the first place!

Sue1605
by Member on Jul. 13, 2013 at 2:35 PM
You are welcome! Good Luck on your future endeavors.
Quoting Em84:

I told him because I wanted him to understand that eating vegetables doesn't have to taste bad, that you can hide the taste. But considering what his ex wife did, I wanted to know other wives opinions on the matter, not just a 'pat on the back'. But I do appreciate that you thought I did good, so thank you for that. 

Quoting Sue1605:

Exactly!

Quoting PartyGalAnne:

SO DON'T TELL HIM.

deadlights86
by Emily on Jul. 13, 2013 at 2:47 PM

I wuld say do it and don't tell him but if he catches you your going to lose his trust.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN