Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

Five years

Posted by on Jul. 12, 2013 at 11:36 AM
  • 14 Replies

DH and I will be celebrating our fifth wedding anniversary tomorrow (July 13th)!!! I already have a babysitter lined up and will be taking DH to the Cheesecake Factory for dinner (as a surprise)!

We met "officially" in the fall of 2006 (we had unofficially met a year before, but I vaguely remember him....). I joined a non-creditted drama program at our college that he had been a part of for several years after much hassling from my roommate to join. He had a blue mohawk and was so outspoken -- scary for a timid person...

We started getting to know each other, and I was becoming more comfortable with myself that year after a year already in college. By early November we were "talking" and after a weekend drama trip in late November we had unofficially decided that something could work out. On December 29, 2006, he asked me out (with much stuttering and crazy talk about saving me from villians if any came out to scare us -- we were walking downtown in the evening after having just seen a movie together - Night at the Museum - and DH is a comic book fanatic).

We mutually decided not to talk about marriage for at least six months, since neither of us were ready to talk about that step yet. We also decided not to use the "L" word until we were engaged, if we made it there.

On December 12, 2007, DH proposed to me and whispered in my ear that he loved me! He whispered because we had a few family and friends around and he wanted me to hear the words that he'd been saving first!

We had our tie-dyed wedding on July 13, 2008!

Our son was born December 12, 2009, and we are now expecting boy number two at the end of this month or beginning of next month!

During the course of our marriage, we have lived in Texas (where it all started), in Arkansas (with his mom and step-dad for a month, then on our own again for a year), and in Virginia (with my parents for a month, then on our own again). We have come through some tough financial times, grieved together or helped one another grieve over the loss of several family members and friends, had a few disagreements, worked through many job-related issues, and raised an amazing son.

Over the next five years, we hope to move at least one more time (we need something bigger), raise two amazing sons (and possibly start working on another kiddo), and successfully work through any troubles that life throws our way. I am so happy to be married to the man I love!

And now for a few photographic memories:

DH and I at our wedding.

Our wedding cake.

DH's groom's cake.

One month before DS1 was born.

My sweet boy on his "birth" day!

My sweet boy as a three-and-a-half-year-old!!

Almost time for DS2 (taken a week ago).

by on Jul. 12, 2013 at 11:36 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Zazayam
by on Jul. 12, 2013 at 11:51 AM
1 mom liked this

Aw, congrats!

You have a beautiful family.

midjet117
by on Jul. 12, 2013 at 12:08 PM
1 mom liked this

congrats

earthangel1967
by YVONNE on Jul. 12, 2013 at 12:36 PM
1 mom liked this

congratulationshappy anniversaryexpecting boy

YVONNE

EmilysMom2010
by Bronze Member on Jul. 12, 2013 at 12:40 PM
1 mom liked this
💛💙💜💚💛💙💜💚💛💙💜💚💛💙💜💚
beeky
by Alexandra on Jul. 12, 2013 at 12:41 PM
1 mom liked this

Congrats and Happy Anniversary!

furbabymum
by Gold Member on Jul. 12, 2013 at 12:44 PM
1 mom liked this

Congratulations!

hanna06
by Bronze Member on Jul. 12, 2013 at 1:02 PM
1 mom liked this
Congratulations and happy anniversary.

Your son is adorable and you look great for getting ready to have the baby in a matter of weeks.
disnchntdwife
by on Jul. 12, 2013 at 1:03 PM
1 mom liked this
CONGRATS!!!
jean_marie1987
by Member on Jul. 12, 2013 at 1:06 PM

Thank you!

Quoting hanna06:

Congratulations and happy anniversary.

Your son is adorable and you look great for getting ready to have the baby in a matter of weeks.

Krysden
by Platinum Member on Jul. 12, 2013 at 2:10 PM
1 mom liked this

Congrats, happy early anniversary, loved the pics! (=

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)