Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

Opinons please.....

Posted by on Jul. 12, 2013 at 7:51 PM
  • 9 Replies

i would love to know your opinions on soulmates.....

1. Do you think soulmates are always lovers or can they be people you are just friends with?

2. Are soulmates someone you were intimate with in a past life, etc or just someone you have a strong connection with?

3. If you believe in soulmates , are you with yours or have you found yours?If not do you think you will?

4. If your with your soulmate, how were the feelings different from other relationships/friendships?

5. Do you think people use the soulmate label to justify cheating or leaving one partner for another?

Any other thought welcome.

Anryan,

Wife to.....

David    and   Irish

by on Jul. 12, 2013 at 7:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
tifbrown
by on Jul. 12, 2013 at 7:54 PM
1 mom liked this
I don't believe in soul mates, I believe there are some people we are more compatible and connected with than others.

That being said, I also don't believe in fate and a predestined future.
HIJKLM
by Bronze Member on Jul. 12, 2013 at 7:55 PM
This exactly

Quoting tifbrown:

I don't believe in soul mates, I believe there are some people we are more compatible and connected with than others.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AJ-47
by on Jul. 12, 2013 at 7:59 PM
Well said; I agree.

Quoting tifbrown:

villagemamma
by on Jul. 12, 2013 at 8:21 PM

I dont like the word soul mate. i prefer kindred spirit. I dont think that there is necessarily one person that is absolutely perfect for you i think as with all things in life things changes. paths shift and feelings change. I think that you can find people whether intimate or not that you connect with on a level deeper than any other person. Maybe compliment personalities, aura, idk whatever you believe it.

AnGLInterrupted
by Kendall on Jul. 12, 2013 at 8:23 PM
1 mom liked this

1) I don't think the label "soul mates" has to belong to just lovers.  I fully believe that friends can be  soul mates.

2) If there is such a thing as a past life I don't think that has anything to do with it.  I think it's more of the connection.

3) I'm not sure.  I'd like to think that I'm with mine.  I have several friends that are good contenders though.  :)

4) My feelings toward my husband are different than I've had for anyone else, ever.  I have friendships that are different from other friendships.  I'm not sure.  If the whole soul mate thing is really real, I would imagine the relationship would be quite different from others.

5) I absolutely believe that people use the soul mate thing as an excuse to cheat.  People that are going to cheat will try just about anything to justify the guilt.

MomToovey
by Marianne on Jul. 12, 2013 at 11:16 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Anryan:

i would love to know your opinions on soulmates.....

1. Do you think soulmates are always lovers or can they be people you are just friends with?

I believe there are different kinds of soulmates. I have about 4, and only 1 am I romantically involved with (my DH).

2. Are soulmates someone you were intimate with in a past life, etc or just someone you have a strong connection with?

I believe soul mates are our soul's mate. :)

3. If you believe in soulmates , are you with yours or have you found yours?If not do you think you will?

I am with mine, yes.

4. If your with your soulmate, how were the feelings different from other relationships/friendships?

It was instant. We both knew right away that this was it, the search was over.

5. Do you think people use the soulmate label to justify cheating or leaving one partner for another?

I never really thought about it, but I suppose so.

Any other thought welcome.

I'm training for a half marathon! If you'd like to follow my progress from an "All hope is lost" couch potato with a bad knee to a marathon runner, "like" my Page!

lulalacroix
by Bronze Member on Jul. 13, 2013 at 1:10 AM
1 mom liked this

I don't know what it's called or what it is, but...

there are people we meet in life that we have an instant strong connection.  They can be lovers, friends, or family members - like a child.  You can never imagine a life without them.  Sometimes I think we have known them in a previous life and will know them again.

People get so caught up in what's possible, what they believe, but what about what you feel is true?

ReadWriteLuv
by Casey on Jul. 13, 2013 at 1:18 AM
1 mom liked this

I have had friends in my life that I absolutely, without a doubt, would tell you are my soul mates. There are a few people in this world that actually "get" me. Those are those people, and l love them, even the ones I've lost contact with.

earthangel1967
by YVONNE on Jul. 13, 2013 at 9:58 AM

I don't know all the answers, all I know is from my own personal experience. Neither Todd nor I believed in soulmates until we met and as soon as we met, we did and have ever since. (10 yrs now).

Before I met Todd I did truly love one guy in my teens as much  as I knew how (but even that far pales in  comparison to the love I feel for Todd, I didn't even know a person, especially me, was capable of being THIS in love) When My teen boyfriend and I broke up I felt like I'd never be in  love again, I dated some really hot guys and didn't fall in love with them so to me that only validated that I was "broken". So I married a guy who was a good friend that I loved as a person but was no where near INLOVE with, although he was inlove with and obsessedwith me. That was a bad 16 yr marriage.

After I divorced him I started casually online dating, I didn't plan on falling in love nor did I think I could fall in love and planned to casually date and\ stay single the rest of my life and I was fine with that. I dated quite a few gorgeous, charming, intelligent men that would be a fine catch for most ladies but I wasn't in love with any of them.

Also in the meantime ALL MY LIFE I  had this strong unsettling restless feeling I couldn't explain like I was waiting for my life to start, I thought that feeling would go away when I had kids because being a mom is all I ever wanted and my kids are my greatest passion in life and they kept me exceptionally busy, even beyond what the average kids do by far! But disturbingly that waiting for my life to start feeling still haunted me frequently.. I Didn't know what I needed to do to make that feeling go away because I hated it. Even when I was having a fun day like at an amusement park with my family I would laugh and smile on the outside but it didnt go down deep to my very essence, I felt empty inside like a shell going thru the motions of life and I didnt know why.

Todd and I met online dating, we talked in depth and on  phone for 3 mos before our first in person date. I explained to him I never wanted to marry anyone and was only interested in casual dating, he said that was fine. He wasnt interested in anything serious either ever.

When he pulled up in my driveway and I saw him in person I was so overwhelmed and flustered I felt panicky. I never felt like that about anyone, even guy models I had previously dated.

I could barely look him in the eyes  at first because I was in such awe of him and the chemistry between us was so thick you could cut it with a knife. He gave me a gift and I hugged him for it and when we looked at eachothers eyes, a feeling I never experienced before scared me beyond description .. I know it sounds cheesy but I swear I felt like I looked into his eyes and fell right into his soul and it felt like I had been on a long journey and was now home where I belonged. We were passionately making out 10 minutes after he walked in the door. (not something I did with my other dates). That date lasted 16 hours and at the end of it we both  felt overwhelmed and flustered and SCARED bc it was all so unexpected and so unlike both of us, we agreed we wanted to both take our datiing profiles down to see what would happen with the 2 of us being exclusive.

Ever since I met Todd that feeling of waiting for life to start has NEVER come back even one time and that empty feeling is gone too, like a miracle!

We have a lot in common but at the same time  we are opposites or at least different in some ways but even those ways help us  balance eachother out and hellp  one another grow and evolve to being better all the time.

We often know how the other is feeling or what they are thinking before they even say anything.

His daughter and my 2 daughters and me and Todd all have the same birthmark in the same place.

We had a psychic medium reading done by Thomas John who is amazingly impressive and he said we are soulmates and that we were murdered together in a war in a previous life, he said we are exceptionally close and always will be forever even after death.

In our wedding vows we did not say until death do we part because we believe if one of us died, we'd still be married and we imagine someday on the other side our souls mingled together as one. We believe God created us FOR eachother and even used some of the same "ingredients" like we are more than soulmates we are twin flames.

We can't be together too much or show too much  affection for one another. We worship the ground eachother walks on.

Before I met him I made myself a dealbreaker list with guys to make sure I didnt get caught up with a sexy BAD boy who would be bad news.

I also made myself my ideals list with a long list of important things about  my ideal match as well as silly little things I would like but certainlly didnt require. I am in absolute AWE that Todd literally fits EVERYTHING on that ideals list even the silly little things like I wish he could sing like Jim Morrison from the doors or the lead singer of Creed bc their voices are sexy to me. Todd can actually do that even! It's eery!

When one of us is upset the other one of us is the only one who seems to know exactly what to say or do to comfort eachother.

I could go on and on and on.

Also EVERY girl/woman Todd ever dated or married or lived with  his whole life from teens onward, even had a child with, his entire family HATED them all seriously hated them! And made sure they knew it too. I am the only one he has ever been with that every person in his family adores me. I love them too.

YVONNE

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)