Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

Is it OK for your SO to have friends of the opposite sex over when you're not there?

Posted by on Jul. 15, 2013 at 9:05 AM
  • 61 Replies

If you're at work or out of town or something, would it be okay with you if your DH/SO had opposite sex friends over? Why or why not?

by on Jul. 15, 2013 at 9:05 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lulalacroix
by Bronze Member on Jul. 15, 2013 at 9:21 AM
10 moms liked this

I would say that we trust each other and don't freak out about opposite sex friends.  However, we both have learned to not put ourselves in situations that could cause problems or could lead to unpleasant consequences.  So bottom line, neither of us would be in this situation.

lulalacroix
by Bronze Member on Jul. 15, 2013 at 9:21 AM

But let me add that I would give dh the benefit of the doubt if we were in this situation.  I wouldn't jump to conclusions that something off was happening.

disnchntdwife
by on Jul. 15, 2013 at 9:25 AM
1 mom liked this

If it is only a friend, the gender shouldnt matter. It is ok for me & SO.

Jessicamarquez
by on Jul. 15, 2013 at 9:26 AM
Its ok over here I have no problems with it I trust him and he trusts me
ProudMommy51006
by Bronze Member on Jul. 15, 2013 at 9:27 AM
2 moms liked this
I would be uncomfortable. I don't think dh would risk our relationship for any friend, I do trust him, but I wouldn't like it. He knows that and wouldn't put himself or me in that situation. He feels the same way and I wouldn't do that to him either.
L202M
by Member on Jul. 15, 2013 at 9:41 AM
5 moms liked this

I'm sure that if I had a guy friend over and my DH came home to see us hanging out, he wouldn't like it.

I would never do that to him and I would expect the same respect from him

PaperClip811
by Member on Jul. 15, 2013 at 9:43 AM

For me, honestly, depends on the situation. Considering his friends have never been here except when they helped us move in or to drop off work for DH I would think it was weird that he suddenly has people, especially a woman, coming over while Im gone. If it were our mutual friends it wouldnt be too bad for me, but a new friend or coworker I didnt know would make me very uncomfortable. Especially if it wasnt discussed before.

MommaTasha1003
by on Jul. 15, 2013 at 9:46 AM

Well, its hard to say since we have never been in the position. All our friends are married. In general I'd say  so far we have never been left alone with the opposite sex in the past 7yrs or so..

I would not invite a male friend over to hang out without DH.. And I couldnt see DH doing the same either.. There is just no reason for it & Id rather not give anyone a reason to talk, or put ourself in that situation.

midjet117
by on Jul. 15, 2013 at 10:04 AM
2 moms liked this

nope. he has this habbit of getting way to close to other women and overstepping boundries. So yea thats a no go for us.

MagicTemptation
by Christina on Jul. 15, 2013 at 11:07 AM
1 mom liked this
It is ok in our relationship. If you trust each other, then you trust them to act appropriately. The majority of affairs do not happen at home but outside the home. It doesn't matter if I don't trust "her." I trust him.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)